If you need a new rear shock...check this out...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/shock-absobers-Yamaha-1300-FJR-2001-2011-new-0-miles-/351376698782?hash=item51cfaeed9e&vxp=mtr

At $149 a pop, buy a few and throw it out when it gets all sacked out...slap in a new one and go!!!!

%24_57.JPG

Actually the cost is $149 plus $58 shipping and who knows what spring rates are used for French FJRs. I would say it might be a good deal for a 150 lb rider, I would rather make the investment in a good shock and have it rebuilt every 2 years.

Well, I don't need a shock, but I'd like the wine bottle holders and cheese coolers. Anybody got a lead on a good deal for those?
coolsmiley02.gif

My French is horrible...but a little bit of research turns up the same part number from the mothership for rear shocks if you reside in all parts of the world...at least for 05, 06, 07 and 08 that I took the time to lookup online. If you are a Gen 1 or 2 owner and you are cheap cheap cheap...this might be an option...based on the number available you might be able to contact them and work out a bulk discount for purchase and shipping...and assuming you aren't a fat bastard...
jester.gif
haha.gif

149+ shipping of 58 seems like a good deal, but how do you know which model (Gen) you are getting?? I would want a new Gen 2 Model

Great deal! Thanks for the link.

I'm asking if I can buy a bunch, save on shipping.

If I can work something out I can offer them up to the forum for cost + shipping.

My French is horrible...but a little bit of research turns up the same part number from the mothership for rear shocks if you reside in all parts of the world...at least for 05, 06, 07 and 08 that I took the time to lookup online. If you are a Gen 1 or 2 owner and you are cheap cheap cheap...this might be an option...based on the number available you might be able to contact them and work out a bulk discount for purchase and shipping...and assuming you aren't a fat bastard...
jester.gif
haha.gif

No,.the part numbers are different. The spring rates changed for the early and later 1st gens and again for the longer swingarm 2nd gens. It would be good to know what model year these were from.

'03 - - - 5JW-22210-20-00

'04-'05 - 5VS-22210-10-00

'06-'12 - 3P6-22210-10-00

No,.the part numbers are different. The spring rates changed for the early and later 1st gens and again for the longer swingarm 2nd gens. It would be good to know what model year these were from.

'03 - - - 5JW-22210-20-00

'04-'05 - 5VS-22210-10-00

'06-'12 - 3P6-22210-10-00
and how they were stored and for how long.

The price is right though.

Not sure how badly they would be effected by storage.

The price is good at $149 but the shipping is high at $58. Unless you bought a quantity of them, and shipping was still only $58. Many eBay sellers will not discount or combine shipping for multiple items. They use it as a way to pad the price and pay a lower eBay fee for the sale.

So if you look at it as a $207 shock of unknown condition, I think I'd prefer to order a brand spankin' new 3rd Gen shock (1MC-22210-10-00) for about twice as much ($422 from boats.net). That shock will come sprung with a much more appropriate spring rate to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only probelm is it looks like they are on to us. The price keep creeping up on the Gen3 rear shock. It was down near $300 at one point, now all the way up to $422 best price.

The euro and US part numbers are the same. Year to year they change, not country to country. I shall be more explicit in the future....