Trip around June Lake and Mono Lake

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpcarcass

Reaction score
Hello guys, I just took my first longer trip on my 2014 FJR. I rode a little over 1000 miles in 3 days and I have to say that I love my bike even more now. It was a great trip around June Lake and Mono Lake. I was super lucky that it actually snowed so it made the scenery amazing while the roads were still pretty clear.

Please check out the following link with the pics I took during the trip.

https://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1Acs3DhwzbMnvw&emid=shareprintsharer&linkid=link5&cid=EM_sharshar

Thanks

Really wonderful pictures!!

Thanks for sharing with us!!
smile.png

It is beautiful country up there.

I am glad you missed the snowfall, I didn't.

Thanks for the pics.

I was wondering if all those roads were open.. Tx for sharing.. gotta get there ASAP with camper, trailer, motobikes..

Excellent photos! Only problem is it's almost offensive to see that bare bones stock '14 out on the road. Let the farkling begin.....$$

Ooohhhh - me likely these pictures. I'm kind of partial to your bike too - looking forward to seeing mine in some pictures too.

In an amazing coincident, the shot that Old Michael reposted was my favorite. That picture just calls to me - I want to ride along that lake and see what's on the other side of that mountain. A close second being the shot Beemerdon reposted. I guess great minds think alike.

Which windscreen do you have on your bike? If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? Inseam? Likes/dislikes on the screen?

(I'm shopping windscreens now, he he he .....)

I am 5'11 and as previously stated by somebody else, my bike is 100% stock. I haven't spend any money adding something to it or replacing anything.

I want to ad a back trunk with the proper mount, but only for trips as I don't like the looks of the trunk being there. I would want to add a GPS and maybe replace the seat. Besides that, I don't really know what else to do to the bike, it really blows my mind the way it is.

I should start looking into some of the things that other people have done to their bikes.

Latest posts