Fuel injection subwire replacement?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrif

Reaction score
I posted earlier about replacing the wiring harness on my friends 06 FJR. I purchased a used part off Ebay from an 06. The piece I am replacing is only a short harness which includes the four plugs into the fuel injectors! Given the connectors to the main harness seem obvious are there any concerns that I should be aware of? For example should I disconnect the battery? Or can I unplug and play? Others may have more input. Thanks

Mark

IMG_0785_zpsonqwyd4d.jpg
ThTthis is the puppy.

...stay away from the adult beverages until after the work is done!
tonguesmiley.gif

BTW - no need to disconnect the battery.

--G

Thanks escape! It does seem straight forward but. it's best to ask before, rather than after? I'm only 65 and haven't quite finished the learning curve?

Job done! Really quite straight forward. The temporary repair we did I found quite unsatisfactory when we were removing the old harness? Because the clip had been broken on the wiring harness on # 4 cylinder, we had zap strapped and taped the connector into the injector? Upon removing said harness connection the repair had almost backed out of the injector? We had just ridden a 1700 km trip and I'm sure the next few K would have eventually vibrated the connection completely out! The biggest problem removing and installing the new harness was understanding the clips for each connection? Most seemed compression but a few were opposite? If that makes any sense?

Job done! Really quite straight forward. ... The biggest problem removing and installing the new harness was understanding the clips for each connection? Most seemed compression but a few were opposite? If that makes any sense?
Makes absolute sense to me. I'm supposed to know about this electrical stuff, but every time I come upon one of these automotive connectors I have to work out how to undo it. Most are easy enough once you know how, but many require tiny and strong fingers in paces that you can't see even before your hand is in the way. And my delving into the bike's interior is so infrequent that I usually forget even if I've done one before. Not that my memory would help much even if it the last time was yesterday.

I suppose they're all different to prevent the monkeys (or gorillas) that might work on the bike from plugging them into the wrong places, but I dread to think how they take them apart. Probably Dremel away plastic until they can pull them apart with the wires
uhoh.gif