Running smooth

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

want2ride

Reaction score
I have spent the past week getting the FJR ready for my Grand canyon trip next month. All the lube points have been taken care of, fresh oil and filter, put the stock windshield back on for better summer cooling of the driver, lol.

After discussing cheap cruise controls here I settled on the Go Cruise 2 for hand relief. Better ergonomics since installing the Heli Risers and the Corbin accessory seat. Much more comfortable for long trips. Thanks to gentlemen for parting with those.

Put new T30 GTs on as the PO had serious cupping on the previous tires. While I changed those out I lubed the spines and they were dry. Also changed the plugs and did a TBS, the Fred W way. Thanks Fred, it idles much smoother and revs smoother. Excellent write ups on how do all of this was found on this wonderful forum.

IonBeam, I checked and flushed the ABS brakes using your info. Drained and replaced the clutch fluid too. I must same the clutch fluid looked much worse then the brake fluid.

Took her out for a test run and I am very happy with the results. Have not hit WTO yet as I am building up the feel for the bike before getting crazy. However I did crack it open 3/4 at 20mph and the front end became very light....... Love the bike!

Again I thank all of you for the wealth of knowledge and info found here.

Yeh, I wish I had time to do all that stuff. My bike needs some attention also. Gonna have to wait though.

Dave