Gen3 - removing windshield covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even after you remove the screw they take a little wiggling and fiddling to get them to slide up and off. If I remember you sort of have to slide them up while pulling the bottom away from the shield.

Don't ask me how i learned
no.gif
no2.gif
unsure.png
black%20eye.gif
sadsmiley.gif

I learned the hard way on the existence of those dang cover screws. I actuallly cracked the little bracket on the cover of the left one trying to "slide" it off. Anyway, a little JB weld and the bracket was back to normal. As I recall, my 08 didn't have these screws... but I just can't remember for sure.

We need an FAQ listing for the Gen 3's. I don't know if one exists, but it'd be wonderful to have a repository for Gen3 maintenance items, farkles, tips and tricks.

Let me know if I missed it, I'll start posting to it. Start saving up collected wisdom and dumb mistakes.

Bryan can be a bit talkative with background, experiences, and the such. However, he has made some informative videos for farkling and maintance, and for newbies this info is priceless. Kudos to him.

The bolts on the bottom I found easily, but finding the right wiggle to get them off took a few minutes. Still, they're easier than the dash. :)