Laam Seat - win, win, win!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Laam Seat! Today was my first real test, Festar and I went for a pre-SW FOG test ride to ensure both bikes are ready for Wednesdays 820+ mile run to Torrey UT.

Wow, my ass would have known I'd ridden 200 miles on the stock seat, the Laam was outstanding!

Seth Fixed several problems, I can easily flat foot in low position,

I don't slide forward and crush the boys anymore and my skivies don't strangle me from forward creep.

My ass no longer burns in two places.

Win win win!

One day I'll break down and get my seat done, glad to hear of your success with yours though. Enjoy!

Good stuff John..... Plus it is such a nice looking seat ta boot....

Give it some time and it'll break in a bit and get even better.....

Congrats...

... my ass would have known ...I don't ... crush the boys...my skivies don't strangle me.

My ass no longer burns .
John.A little less detail?

And thanks for not taking pictures.

grin.gif

Seth Laam is a good man.

Last edited by a moderator:
So John, do you think Fester and your now well cared for posterior will be headed our way.

Looking like post-Sturgis is a distinct possibility.

Have a kanuckistani friend and his wife arriving here August 10 heading to Calgary. We will take them up Chief Joseph, over Bear Tooth kiss them good bye and then head North West. You are likely in the line of fire.

Festar doesn't believe all you have posted about the Dark side.

I'm not sure I'm at liberty to divulge any Darkside information to a person from the bottom half (Darkside) of the world.

I'm not sure I'm at liberty to divulge any Darkside information to a person from the bottom half (Darkside) of the world.
We live upside down to you, when you're upside down blood gravitates to your head and nourishes your brain. My brain is telling me it is just wrong.

Btw, hope to see you in not too long.

I've heard many nice things about the Laam. My curiosity has peaked. I'm riding on The Saddleman right now. It's leaps and bounds better than stock. And... Not wanting to offend anyone but, that channel running down the center is there for a purpose. It give the boys room to hang out and feel free. That's right! I said it, someone had to say it. Carry On! :D

I am in the rotation to have my sotck seat to Seth by June 6. I simply cannot wait to get rid of that stock seat feel. I know some guys can deal with it, but I cannot. It's one of the worst stock seats on a motorcycle in my opinion. Very glad to hear that you are satisfied. I look forward to talking to Seth about how I want mine to be constructed. I can almost flatfoot the bike with the seat in the low setting, but not quite.

I don't slide forward and crush the boys anymore and my skivies don't strangle me from forward creep.My ass no longer burns in two places.
Quit wearing skivvies. Problem solved!

We live upside down to you, when you're upside down blood gravitates to your head and nourishes your brain. My brain is telling me it is just wrong.
It's not just those with southern hemispherical brains that can see the logic to that. Some of us that have tried it first hand can tell you it sucks. If I was that hell bent on saving money I'd drive a Pry-Us.

Blech.
bad.gif