Riser Plate for Gen I

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decemberling

Reaction score
I currently have the Motorcycle Larry (MCL) Riser Blocks for my '03 Gen I. I can't really compare them to the stock as they came with the bike when I bought it and have not tried it w/o the risers, however I do find that when I am in full chill mode on the highway I still have to reach forward more than I would like. I think I am running in to this problem due to having a rider backrest and highway pegs, leading to a semi reclined seating position. The MCL blocks move the bars 1.5" up and 1.75" back towards me. The Helibar riser plate for Gen II&III, however, can adjust the bars up to 1" up and 3" back.

My question is: Is there any way to install the Gen II/III riser plate on a Gen I? Or alternately, does anyone know of a Gen I riser/plate that will provide more rising/raking than the MCL ones? Or - does anyone have ideas on how to combine risers or modify existing ones to achieve the same desired end-result? Lastly - would I even notice the difference? The riser plate gains 1.25" back, but loses .5" down.

Bonus: Pic of my ride and farkle setup. https://imgur.com/WzQDQss

I have seen pictures of stacked risers on a GEN I, don't remember the brand though. As mentioned ^^^^ line length will become an issue.

Anything is possible with enough money, the HeliBridge installs using the four handlebar mounting bolts on GEN II/III bikes.

Good luck!

--G

Last edited by a moderator: