What lies just beyond Hope?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So what is beyond Hope?

Well just beyond Hope, British Colombia I found this on my OD

Unfortunately 3 of my 4 dash lights were out... (They are now BLUE)

Initially the time was 3:12 am, but I had no intention of sticking around for nearly 12 hours, so I realized I was not in the Eastern time zone and that authorized me to make the necessary adjustment.

PS eat your heart out Skooter G
omg2.gif
Thats right 13 of them!

What lies just beyond Hope?

I think we were told it was Change, but it all seems to be lost in a fog now.

Nice work there Screaming Eagle.

I won't be able to show that on my Gen II. The odometer and the trip can't be shown simultaneously. I still have 90,000 miles to get there anyway; maybe another three years?

You're close to some amazing riding areas. Where are you headed?

I won't be able to show that on my Gen II. The odometer and the trip can't be shown simultaneously. I still have 90,000 miles to get there anyway; maybe another three years?
You're close to some amazing riding areas. Where are you headed?
You are way ahead of my Gen 2. That ride happened almost 3 weeks ago, coming back from Alaska.

I replaced the lights with Blue LEDs and she is sitting with 227k and being prepped for the IBR in Albuquerque.

I replaced the lights with Blue LEDs and she is sitting with 227k and being prepped for the IBR in Albuquerque.
Now how cool is that. How many cars, let alone a motorcycle, is that reliable that you could do an IBR on it after 200K+ miles.

Rock it Tony.

Man - respect to you Tony.

Can you share with us your prepping ritual - especially from an electrical and mechanical perspective? I'd be interested in reading that.

I was thinking the Hope slide was just beyond Hope (Half a mountain slipped and burried the highway just outside of Hope BC in the mid 60's. Two cars and a transport truck were burried under 50ish million cubic meters of rock, The slide was so energetic, that it raced into the valley, and halfway up the other side of the valley.)

That was an incredible act of nature! The Spuzzum joke was just that, there is a place called Spuzzum up the Fraser Canyon from Hope which was nothing more than a railway siding, but there used to be a great cafe/restaurant there with awesome waitresses but it has since burned to the ground.

Can you share with us your prepping ritual - especially from an electrical and mechanical perspective? And any zen meditation or stretching, or chanting, or ritual bathing? I'd be interested in reading that. Please send photos of the ritual bathing.
That's about the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life! (Right up there with what Amanda showed me that one night in my room in high school when my folks were gone.) Is that 222K on your '05?

I agree with Pantalones: I have a really big &^%$! ride coming up in a few weeks (400+ miles to L.A. from the Bay Area!
uhoh.gif
), and I'd be interested in what I can do to prep my bike beside the usual checking the lights, tire pressure, and oil behind the glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man - respect to you Tony.
Can you share with us your prepping ritual - especially from an electrical and mechanical perspective? I'd be interested in reading that.
I just started prepping for the IBR 3 weeks ago when I returned from Alaska, so I am the wrong person to listen to about prepping.
rolleyes.gif
I had to replace my marker light on the left side 2 weeks ago and laughed at my dumb luck for a bulb to burn out after 10 years right as I was trying to get ready. The laugh was not so loud when last night I saw the right side had just burned out also. This year (Thanks to Jim ((fljab)) I will be riding with a fuel pump on the Aux tank.

Both Zumo 550 GPSs have gone down, so I am still working on that issue. My helmet I bought for the event kept giving me trouble on the ride, so I am working on that issue. I guess I do not take the IBR as serious as I should. It is just another ride for me. I do not have a clue as far as rallying and try and figure things out as I go.

...Not an example you would want to follow
weirdsmiley.gif
... But this year I want to have FUN- I forgot that in the '13 IBR.

I mounted a New front tire yesterday and changed oils. I have a new rear tire in Albuquerque to mount there.

No maintenance planned during the rally.

Last edited by a moderator:
What lies beyond Hope? If you're pointed East, a choice between the fast, but boring Coquihalla, or the scenic and twisty, but occasionally bumpy Crowsnest

If you're headed West, you have abandoned all Hope, and if you should survive will ultimately reach the horror that is Vancouver

Latest posts