Heading for IBR Start - via all Lower 48

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twigg

Just an old, bald man!
Reaction score
My "States Visited" map is looking a little sparse, something I intend fixing in the next two weeks.

I am leaving at 10.00 am, Friday 19th June, from Idabel, OK, heading for Albuquerque, NM via all the Lower 48 plus Washington DC (well it seemed rude not to).

48-10%20Route-L.jpg

Tracking is here:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=d2715556a913aedcd

For those who can see it there is a Facebook Event here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/701932586619670/705109906301938/

The aim is to be at the IBR Start location in 7 days. This may or may not prove possible. Either way I have a decent cushion to get under everyone's feet over the weekend.

If you want to follow the progress I'll be glad to have you along
smile.png

You should not have any problems finding suitable end witnesses!Have a great ride... See you in Albuquerque !
Thanks Tony.

I pre-cleared with Ira Agins to get my witnesses 100 miles from the actual finishing point (Gallup)

Pretty impressive trip plan Twigg! Good luck. Any night riding in that?

Are you on I-90 going through PA towards Cleveland? You will miss a lot, but it's still a hell of a trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty impressive trip plan Twigg! Good luck. Any night riding in that?
Probably quite a bit. Right through the first night because I have to run close to BBG pace to get to AAA Roanoke, VA while the office is open Saturday so I can pick up an EZ-Pass.

Route distance is 7290 miles. That's just over 1000 miles per day to get it done in 7 days. I could almost do that all in daylight, but I want to get ahead of the schedule and adjust it as necessary.

Bookmarked,

So it would be my guess you will be passing through MA late on Saturday? I will keep an eye out on the spotwalla page. If you need anything give a hollar. 95 up through Maine can be a bear sometimes but at the time you hit it I would think it will be allright.

Dave

See you in ABQ! I see a few fun spots in that route... Through the black hills and 100 miles of fun through Lolo pass to name a few. Hopefully you get to see the fun spots in the daylight
punk.gif

So there is so much Interstate on that route that I made "Lolo Pass" non-negotiable. If I get there in the dark, I'll wait until I can enjoy the ride :)

They tell me it is one of the best motorcycle roads in the US, I do not intend missing it, or hitting bears, moose or deer.

And I thought Tony was nuts. Have a great ride Twigg and like Tom I'll be stalking you on spot.
lol ... It's just a warm-up ride for Tony.

The most I have done is 2 x 20 hour days, back to back. To be fair to me they were around 1100 miles each, rallying from bonus to bonus ... so rough roads and horrible weather. I covered 3500 miles in four days on that Rally.

I do have a BBG so I know I can put in the miles, and last October I ran 1400 miles in Colorado, in 30 hours straight. That included mountains, mountain passes (one on dirt) and about 40 miles of other dirt road.

I want to do the IBR next time around, so it's a good opportunity to see if I can put in a week of 1000 mile days, even on the easy roads.

Your idea to NOT do Lolo Pass in the dark is a good one. Narrow road, tall trees on both sides, animals, then down to the bottom along the river with little to no runoff on the edge. I'm thinking daylight on that road is your friend.

I will be following also. If you need anything While in VA call me. I will PM my cell number. Although, I am on the eastern side of the state. I will do what I can.