Yamaha Url Filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether yamaha's 4GH-13440-50-00 and 4GH-13440-20-00 are interchangeable, and applicable to a 2014 FJR? I read one source that said the 20 series superceded the 50 series, but wanted to make sure, as most guides refer to the 50 series. If both fit, I don't really care which I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both parts will work. The 50 series supercedes the 20 series and is the current OEM part for the '14 fjr. This info comes from a parts manager for a reliable Yamaha dealer

I have a half dozen oil filters left over from my 2005 FJR. I'm repurposing them on the 2014. Any reason for concern?
Nope, I used up all my old longer filters on the gen 3 and it didn't blow up....YET!!
Fixed it for ya!
tongue.png
Hey...That's funny right there!

I just ran into the same thing with the 50 series filter. When i got home i looked at the filter box and the FJR wasn't listed. I was "WTF" and called the parts guy and he said that was the filter for the FJR now. (I have a 2006 and my buddy has a 2007 and that's the filter for those years as well)....

I just ran into the same thing with the 50 series filter. When i got home i looked at the filter box and the FJR wasn't listed. I was "WTF" and called the parts guy and he said that was the filter for the FJR now. (I have a 2006 and my buddy has a 2007 and that's the filter for those years as well)....
I forgot to mention that the "new" filter for the FJR's is also smaller (about a 1/2' shorter than the original) which added to the confusion of not having the "right" filter when I went to do my oil change. I hope it has the same filtration capacity, performance etc and it's not Yamaha just cheaping out consolidating all the different models under fewer filters perhaps compromising protection? Again they didn't even bother to list the FJR on the side of the 50 series filter box as one the models it's rated for....

I hope it has the same filtration capacity, performance etc and it's not Yamaha just cheaping out consolidating all the different models under fewer filters perhaps compromising protection?
Yeah, I'll take that bet. I'm thinking that is exactly what they have done. Just like when they change the recommended oil viscosity for the same exact engines because they no longer market a 20W40 oil.

Oh the confusion, my head hurts. Is it Friday already? I used a HiFlo Filtro HF148 on the 2005 FJR. It's perfectly compatible with the Emgo 10-82230, which was perfectly happy replacing the YAMAHA 5JW-13440-00-00.

HOWEVER, the HF-148 is now not compatible with 5GH-13440-20-0, or the newest part number 5GH-13440-50.0.

Foucque it...I'm sticking a cork into the oil filter hole and I'll just change oil every 500 miles, yea, that's the ticket! NEPRT...I'm on my way...

If it was good enough for a GEN1, it's good enough for em all. Same freaking engine with some cool, hi-tech tweaks.
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

Quoting wfooshee: I saw the thread title and was wondering how Yamaha would be filtering their web address, and why....

Yup, me too.
smile.png

I saw the thread title and was wondering how Yamaha would be filtering their web address, and why....
I'll admit to a little confusion myself
smile.png
That Bill Lumberg guy just don't know how to spel earl.

stinker.gif

Quoting wfooshee: I saw the thread title and was wondering how Yamaha would be filtering their web address, and why....

Yup, me too.
smile.png

Buncha damn computer geeks...... :)