Getting out of my comfort zone - Yosemite.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
I have found some time to myself this week. As I take some time for myself this Summer - enough time to to be able to quickly finish my blog post about my weekend camping trip to Yosemite. I hope you enjoy reading about it and looking at the pictures.

Link to my blog below:

https://motorcyclewanderings.blogspot.com/2015/06/getting-out-of-my-comfort-zone-yosemite.html

DSC_0576_77_78_79_80.jpg

Thank you for reading!
smile.png

Great photos and narrative. Glad you hiked up to see the falls. I love the pic with the wooden walkway angling crazily off toward the granite mountains. When did you get a VStrom?
blinksmiley.gif
(Isn't this the FJR forum?
tonguesmiley.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, those photos are worthy of your own magazine article. Fantastic work. Are those mostly (or all) GO-PRO shots?

Yosemite is still one place I have to get to in the Great West.

Thanks so much Sam.

Yosemite is number 1 on my 'Must ride' list. Everything else is a distant second. Maybe next year.

Damm fine pictures - I like your blog. Motorcycle camping is an excellent way for me to get out of the box that is my life, and allow the adventure to take its course. The biggest advantage of this is that there is no rush to find shelter because you have it with you. The feeling of freedom is indescribable to me.

One day I will see half-moon in low light. I imagine I will sit and stare at it wondrously from the valley like John Muir.

With my FJR parked at the head of the trail.

Thanks my friends. My pleasure to share that trip with you. :)

The pictures astride the bike are GoPro shots, the ones off the bike are from a Nikon.

I have been riding the V-strom since early 2014, it's just now starting to really stretch it's legs.

Camping is THE way to see Yosemite, without breaking the bank. If you do have the bank, then by all means stay at the Ahwahnee, because why the heck not?

Sam, great light and composition. What filters or post processing are you using. Looks almost like a canvas.

Thanks again guys!
No filters. Camera HDR, which has it's disadvantages (with detail loss) when shooting in low light - but it was fun for me getting to know how the camera HDR works.