Acadia (Maine) Trip/Ride Video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverHound

Reaction score
Just got back from a week trip from PA to Maine with my wife. This was the first long trip for me on the new FJR and the longest one for her on her NC700X so far. Both bikes were flawless in their performance but I would expect nothing else from an FJR. I'm proud to say that my wife is now a seasoned "rain" rider as we rode through a heavy downpour on the highway from Westford MA to north of Portland ME, a little over 100 miles. Hit a few drizzles on the way home too but were rewarded by some gorgeous riding days while at Acadia. All in all about a 1200 mile round trip not including the riding we did while on Mt. Desert Island. I'll just let the video speak for itself.

Awesome! I really like what you guys did with the camera work......especially when you had a tripod somewhere that caught the two of you. Very Nice!!

Hey, you two are not far from Jim and I. We often ride in the Catskills and sometimes we get down to Lenox, PA (we like to eat at Bingham's).. Maybe sometime, if you two are interested, we could meet and ride around the Catskills.

Great video!!

Thanks!!
smile.png

Nicely entertaining video, that showed what a great time that was had. Kudos to you!

Very nicely done.

Acadia is my favorite place on earth. Everyone within striking distance should see it at least once. Glad that you had some good weather to enjoy it.

Man, that video makes me want to go back. We went years ago before we started riding. I would love to go back on the bikes.Nicely done video.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do go back, don't pass Ollie the Trolley on the Cadillac Mt. road.

The driver gets angry when motorcycles pass him (even though he is driving slow as molasses)

DAMHIKT

If you do go back, don't pass Ollie the Trolley on the Cadillac Mt. road. The driver gets angry when motorcycles pass him (even though he is driving slow as molasses)

DAMHIKT
Ya, 'cause at the stop sign which you eventually end up at, ol' Ollie opens the door, leans out and takes a picture of your license plate with a camera. DAMHIKT I was just following Fred.

The terrible trolly on top of Cadillac Mtn.

IMG_0691a_zpskzqhjngn.jpg

The bus bustard that also blocked the road and crawled.

IMG_0695b_zpsjodrhdyc.jpg

Ya, 'cause at the stop sign which you eventually end up at, ol' Ollie opens the door, leans out and takes a picture of your license plate with a camera. DAMHIKT I was just following Fred.
Don't ask us how we know :D

Ditto Fred's comments about Acadia (and Bar Harbor)

I like the music, one of the best videos I have seen produced here on the forum. Now I want to go back. Your wife not only rides but also passed you on double yellows. That's two women I know that do that now.
winksmiley02.gif
No names will be mentioned in order to protect the guilty.

Dave

Awesome! I really like what you guys did with the camera work......especially when you had a tripod somewhere that caught the two of you. Very Nice!! Hey, you two are not far from Jim and I. We often ride in the Catskills and sometimes we get down to Lenox, PA (we like to eat at Bingham's).. Maybe sometime, if you two are interested, we could meet and ride around the Catskills.
Sure. Always looking for new places to ride and new people to meet. My wife has an odd work schedule though that can be prohibitive to normal weekend rides and such so that's why we look so happy when we can finally get out together for a ride.

Really enjoyed the video, thanks for posting this. I've always imagined Arcadia NP as a swampy area but I see that is not entirely so.

Pants, It's Acadia (like most words in New English, no "r"), and it is mostly on Mount Dessert Island, on the rocky shores of downeast Maine. In other words, it's about the furthest thing from a swamp you are going find. ;)