FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Special Request of Participants and Watchers of this thread:
Please refresh your browser sparingly during the Iron Butt Rally. If the forum experiences slowness--every time you refresh only makes it worse.
Thank you.
-----​

Aggregate page for SPOT Tracking:

https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=283

The 2015 Iron Butt Rally departs Albuquerque, New Mexico exactly one week from now and returns 11 days later.

The Start: 10am PDT Monday, June 29, 2015

SHERATON ALBUQUERQUE UPTOWN HOTEL
2600 Louisiana Boulevard Northeast
Albuquerque, NM 87110

Checkpoint One:

Is back at the SHERATON ALBUQUERQUE UPTOWN HOTEL, July 2, 8pm - 10pm

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm
Scoring opens at 5pm
Dinner - 6pm - 10pm
Leg 2 Bonuses distributed at 6am, July 23

Checkpoint Two:

Meadowview Conference Resort & Convention Center, Kingsport, Tenn July 5, 8pm - 10pm

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm
Scoring opens at 5pm
Dinner 6pm-10pm
Leg 3 Bonuses distributed at 6am, July 6

Finish: Friday, July 10, 10 am

SHERATON ALBUQUERQUE UPTOWN HOTEL
Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01am
Scoring opens at 5am

This year's IBR has already been full of high drama, and we haven't even started yet!

There have been a fair number of drop-outs... we are somewhere around 90 bikes at the moment, a pinch less than we normally see at the Start Line.

We've had an Aussie entered this year who has encountered quite a bit of challenges just getting to the Start Line. She decided to purchase a used bike here Albuquerque, but the bike had brake problems almost right away.That got fixed up in Grand Junction.Yet more bike problems have been reported; she'll get the bike checked out again before the Start. Poor woman should have bought a FJR.... but this is a BMW. Let's wish her luck.
weirdsmiley.gif

We have a large number of FJRs in the event this year - will our platform be the very first to repeat an IBR win? We'll know on July 10th.

In the past IBR threads (almost 8 years worth, starting in 2007 IBR), I have tried to keep the threads up to date and current as much as possible, however that tasking will fall to Iggy this year. After I release all IBR riders Monday morning, I will be on the road for another week and will not have much day-time communication. I'll check in during the evenings, but Iggy will keep y'all up to date as possible.

Here we go......
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Warchild for starting the thread! It will be nice having you share some color and commentary from the starting line in ABQ.
thumbsup.gif

I'm spectating along with everybody else on the forum this year, and you all will find me on the edge of my seat starting about Sunday evening. To ride the U.S. and Canada for 11 days straight is an epic adventure for every single rider in this rally and I guarantee drama, color, and entertainment.

Feel like I should be there, but know I couldn't have made it this time around.

Ride safe, ride smart.

I'm spectating along with everybody else on the forum this year,........

Somehow i thought one of our own "Twigg"? was an entrant? or is he just going to observe the start?
I guess I should have been more clear. I'm not riding this year and spectating along with most everybody else on the forum this year. There are multiple active forum members that are riding absolutely.

But, I don't think Twigg is riding himself given the context about his recent thread of knocking out a 48/10 to get there and some other clues.

Subscribed, but won't be able to follow along much.

Day 8 of my own ride brings me to Albuquerque for the finish. To see the condition they are in as they ride in should be enough to sway me one way or the other if '17 is my year.

All the best to all the entrants! Stay safe out there.

Dam, subscribed and in on the fun. Work is so screwed. That can wait. So I take WC is in the running. The question is on what platform. FJR or Busa?

TOP SECRET I GUESS.
evilgrin.gif

Dave

In years past the FJR Forum has been the absolute best place on the internet for actual inside information on the rally, as well as speculation, both wild and informed. That's what keeps it fun. So let me begin with some speculation: Our man @Lipps is going to finish very well. I mean, extremely well. Top rookie.

So I take WC is in the running. The question is on what platform. FJR or Busa?
No. WC hasn't ridden the IBR since 1997. He's been IBR staff since '99, led the team that has entertained us with Snapple bottles in fuel cells, and providing special IBR commentary here for the past 3 or 4 rallies.

So let me begin with some speculation: Our man @Lipps is going to finish very well. I mean, extremely well. Top rookie.
I like that notion.
smile.png

In, and plan on being in Kingsport Sunday evening. Ride safely, y'all!

I'll be the first to admit i do not understand the compulsion that brings these folks to do what they are about to do.

However, I respect them for their planning, preparation, commitment, perseverance and guts.

I'll be following along because of the above.

Not something i think I'd ever want to do, but.............who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.