Nice 2nd day ride...worried administrators...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dances With Deer

Reaction score
So I see that my new 2015 FJR ES post has been buried in "Ride Reports" as numerous other "new FJR" reports remain. It figures. I'd heard (and been told) that the FJR Forum was soft and worried from over on the Adv Rider site. At any rate, softies need love too. Maybe the admin dudes need some love and education.

So today, I did 263 miles on one tank through the Black Hills. I was on "T" of course as I worked through the break in miles. When I came upon a 1/4 mile long (or better) string of our Harley Brothers between Newcastle and Oneill Pass, I didn't even downshift, and passed probably eight bikes in the only stretch for passing. What an engine. It was sweet magic as I quietly vaporized the whole string of plodding HD riders. Unreal...and according to the electronics, I averaged 49.9 mpg today. Rock on.

That being said, I do wonder why I waited this long to buy an FJR...and after today's amazing ride, I do wonder about my past lurid fascination with OHV and cam in head twins...what a lovely bike...and so smooth. What a nice way to spend a Monday after mowing my acre yard.

So, after owning the bike for just three days, I'm well past and ready for my 600 mile service...life is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, two things.

1. Your first thread really was a Ride Report. Sorry you feel like it was buried.

2. All those FJR Admin guys have custom seats. You should tell them they are just pussies.

Don't be too sensitive though. Someone might think you were just being a pussy.

Funny how your own words can come back to bite isn't it?

Well if your calling your post a ride report that's debatable. No pic's. Negative comments right off the bat. Putting down admin's. If you need attention you should have posted this on Friday. You most likely would have plenty.

Dave

Admittedly, I got a lil cornfused when I read your post^^^^

But, don't worry about being buried here (including your threads), it will come naturally ;) :) ...keeping this on the light side.

The admins @ fjrforum work for free so to speak, so we should cut them some slack! (did I just say that?) Anyways yes, and this is a great forum, just sit back and join-in, absorb some of the vast knowledge and fun that it can omit .....and be happy! :)

Just for future reference. Your post^^^^ is only allowed on Fridays, or days you deem prior as a Friday. We call it DPF.

... and this is posted in "FJR Rides and Gatherings" which is for group rides and group gatherings, so it will be similarly 'buried' in ride reports.

A few of our administrators have 3-digit IBA numbers. That's not a characteristic of softies and pussies, but it's a free country and you can say whatever you want.

Last edited by a moderator: