Day covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmudder

Tim
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lonerider I am leaning toward the the Ultragard with 3 yr warranty over dowco with 2 yrs, and Nelson-Rigg with only one yr.

I use that Nelson Rigg cover you mention, easy to use and pack, very good quality.

I've got the Nelson Rigg and like it. Packs down pretty small, has a nice velcro stuff bag, fits well and keeps the water off.

I use the inexpensive light weight full covers. They are not water proof but water resistant and do the job while on road trips. They stuff into a very compact bag which is included. If you plan to ride in rainy conditions you may want a water proof cover. I like full covers in order to keep the dust and due off my spotless bike!! Check FleaBay for deals.

Tanker the Geza looks nice but at 3 or 4 times the cost of the ones mentioned above
no.gif

Here's a not great pic of the Nelson Rigg on the bike. Nights like that it's a good feeling to have it on there...

20150515_203437_zpscyxdkhss.jpg

20150516_095522_zpsnxzx8qrz.jpg

Another Nelson Rigg 2000 half cover fan. Have had the same cover for 8 years now, though I do not commute, so do not use it daily. Ease of use and minimalist packed size were the primary criteria for me.

It may be important to note that the NR 2000 is NOT totally waterproof, if that matters to you. It will transmit some water through to any surfaces it is touching on the inside. Lately I'v ebeen using it more as a sun cover and theft deterrent than a rain cover. Rain just seems to wash the bugs off and not bother the bike much anyways.

Fred I am of the same thought but I now have a leather seat. When at home it is in the garage but when away I need to try and keep it dry and out of the sun. This is why I am interested in a cover.

Tanker the Geza looks nice but at 3 or 4 times the cost of the ones mentioned above
This is true, but I've been using the same one for almost 14 years and it's

still in great shape and functioning as intended.

It was cheaper back then too. I believe it was $150.00 for the size large in titanium silver with the Pro-Plus series fabric.
rolleyes.gif

I've been using a Cover Max 1/2 cover for years. It looks just like the one Spud pictured. When not covering the bike, it spends most of its life wadded up in my tank bag.

Fred I am of the same thought but I now have a leather seat. When at home it is in the garage but when away I need to try and keep it dry and out of the sun. This is why I am interested in a cover.
My '05 had a leather (Russell) seat the entire time. I just slathered some Lexol on it 2 or 3 times a year and it has held up just wonderfully without much babying. My son now owns the bike, but I treat my brand spankin' new bike (with another Russell leather seat) with the same indifference to the weather (for short periods of time) due to my prior experiences.

YMMV.