Tank bag to go with MV riser plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadRussian

Reaction score
I've had a GIVI tank bag I was using and loved it.

But after installing MV riser plate, now my handlebars touch the bag, so I had to sell her.

My question is for those with MV riser plate: What are you guys using for tank bag that clears the handlebars?

I want the bag just big enough to hold wallet, cell phone and small water bottle with towel to clean the helmet shield from bugs, without getting into rear side bags on trips.

"Touched" the bag? What does that mean? Also, if that only happens at full lock, how often are you riding at full lock,at anything more than a crawl?

Depending on answers, I'm not sure you should sell your current bag.

Had the same issue with the Helibar bridge and Givi tankloc bag. Bag would honk the horn on full left lock.

Installed a horn defeat switch for parking lot maneuvers. Bag is too nice/useful to get rid of.

While it may be too late - (if Tankloc bag) Did you move the bag back as far as possible? (Ring receiver can be moved)

-Steve

I already sold the bag and it was the smallest one they make, so there was no moving of ring receiver.

Even without full lock, bag would turn cruise control on and honk the horn.

I ended up stopping at local bike shop and picking up cheap small magnetic bag that fits the gap perfect.

If I find something better, I will replace it at that time, for now this cheap one will work.

^^^Yes, setting the cruise and honking the horn before full lock is different.

Glad you found something to replace it. Tank bags are such a personal choice. What works for one guy is hated by the next.

With my helibridge, (not a MV riser, I know), I couldn't use a tank bag much larger than a coffee cup. I'd really like to run a tankbag, but just don't have room.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Paul-Jr.-Magnetic-Motorcycle-Tank-Bag/16927986

I too have a MV plate. I'm using a magnetic tank bag I found at walmart, It is an identical version of the Cortech Mini at half the cost. I had the cortech on another bike I owned but it was the strap mount and I wanted the magnetic for my FJR. I do have to keep the bag towards the rear of the tank or the horn button will hit it ( only when paddling her around to park.) The bag comes with the same features , removable map pocket,rain cover, plenty of storage. The bag is endorsed by Paul Jr from O.C.C. and I wouls swear it is made by cortech.