Put to pasture. ..Ziggy and i must part ways...but it beats dying...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBlue

Arrhythmia and Blues
Reaction score
I AM at UW and have recieved yet another chance to live....fuck...54 years and i gots more even....I went to St Joes Hospital in Tacoma Washington in February to get checked out since it is the first time since we moved here from San Antonio in September. my EF or hearts pumping ability had shrunk 4%...this went unnoticed at first because most people are dead way way WAY before this. I aint most people just like the FJR ain't like no other bike. I now have the most high tech pump and latest greatest machinery in my chest where it will remain until I can get a transplant in a couple of years I cannot deny Ziggy the chance to live his life to. I can not ride with a battery as well as being over all the coils and electronics so I must give him up damn damn damn damn damn but no this guys I did the best I could for as long as I could and I did get a ride up mount Rainier once. did I say I will miss riding? Ziggy is a part only plastics because I was replacing hoses and trying to find why my turn signals don't work since moving here. I have been a member here since 2003 and I've loved every single minute I'm online this forum simply can't be replaced I'd like to thank everyone for all the advice on most of the stupid stupid stupid questions I asked and all the help show me even since I got here. I would first like to trade Ziggy for a Miata convertible my bike is an 05 Muzzy pipes and haul ass attitude it also has bar risers and a custom rack on the back. if I cannot get this I will be open to selling him out right but only locally that's still like to see him sorry hard to leave. I don't have any regrets and since Washington has just spent 10 million dollars on me I think I could repay the favor by giving them my all at this time I am in an experimental European American study and this should prove fruitful and either way I will be in for a heart transplant by the end of the year. so there you have it. I will not be home in Tacoma for a couple more days yet but when I am I will check my email and put my phone number out there and many of you have actually seen my bike and he's in good shape so there we are guys and gals do we leave for me or at least the long burnout thank you and much love and compassion to all... That's all for now later Gators

Hi BobbyBlue,

I am deeply saddened for the reason that you and Ziggy are parting company but at the same time I am wrapped that you are here to tell us why. Please stay well and keep us informed as to your progress.

Best regards from Down Under

Steve(Surly)

Hey man! From the tone of your post you are dealing with a shitty hand in a strong upright manner. Lot's of us more mature forum members don't have any right at all to still be on this planet considering the many really stupid or just plain risky choices males tend to make in their lives. FWIW - I've owned four bikes and five ragtops - two of the ragtops were Miatas. They are a helluva lot of car and fun packed in a quality package and there's lots of good used ones out there. Zoom! Zoom!

I'm reading this selfishly.

I turn 50 this year.

The time is now.

I'm going west in September, and somewhere every frickin chance I get. When they tell me I have to stay home, at least I'll have no regrets.

Thanks to the OP for the reminder, I'm sorry for your misfortune.

Sure hope the docs can get you sorted out; sorry you have to give up your Feej. Maybe after your transplant you might be able to ride again, best wishes.

Bobby, good luck with your new adventure.....just remember that you do not have to own a FJR to stay on this forum and you will still be welcome at the spring and fall Tech days.

C6's can be had worth the money right now and the AC sure feels good this time of year.

p174870817-3.jpg

Our lives change for lots of different reasons... what we do with our lives when those changes happen is the important thing... moving away from 2-wheels is tough... I know from firsthand experience. But I found another way to put the (s)miles back into my life... I've told folks that 2-wheels is like a waltz and 3-wheels (Spyder) is like a polka... but I'm still dancing. ;)

You too will find your own dance but don't let that make you think you shouldn't stick around here and continue the friendships you've gleaned over the years. I've told many friends who aren't able to ride for whatever reason that I don't care how they get there... 2-wheels, 3-wheels, 4-wheels... just get there...at this point in our lives, it's the people that truly make our lives a good place to be, imho.

Don't be a stranger, m'kay? B)

You have my word.....this is my home too...when i go, yoko will let yall know....besides i've never ownes a convertable amd ya dont need ac here...90 i'm still not sweating....itll be easier to type when i get home too...thanks for the femimine love tyler...!!!!!

i am blessed. i am IRONMAN !

bobby

ps. i will probably outlive most of you...20+ MI's. CABG5, been shot,over 40 motorcycle wrecks in my youth...dirt and street ! i am a survivor !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: