MotoChello mc-200 bike comm system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

formerly "herfjr"
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this bike communication system ?

Jim and I are looking to upgrade our system maybe next year and this looks really promising.

Please share your experience with system, if you have any with this particular one.

Thanks...

I head great cusomter service from Rocket Moto. I ordered some Autocom stuff & they called to tell to me that they're trying really hard to work with the folks in the UK that makes Autocom but... My part will be in soon & thanks for being patient. I talked with a gal for about five minutes. She told me that the U.S. Autocom distributor gave up on the Brits but there were trying to keep selling their stuff.

They really need more orders to keep selling Autocom (my opinion).

She told me to look into Moto Chello on their site.

https://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php/brands/motochello/motochello-mc-200-motorcycle-audio-system.html

I had not heard of them but they work with my 10 year one Krnwood TK3101.

We have the old Kenwoods too TK3101.

We went to Rocket Moto in NH and listened and had a demonstration from Adam. It looks like we may be getting ourselves a Christmas present this winter. Autocom is just to finicky and the replacement parts are difficult to get.

I had headphones in September 2014, and they were toasted in May of this year (keeping in mind I don't ride in the winter). Then AutoCom would not send me a replacement unless I paid another $70. That's almost $200 for headphones that suck.

Iris,

They seem awfully proud of their products ($$$). Have you considered going with Sena BT headsets and maybe one of their BT hubs for handling the legacy devices?

Josie and I are still rockin' the wired Starcom1 for intercom and headsets, and I've yet to have to replace a headset. But I do realize that we are sadly behind the times in that regard. I also have a Sena SMH10-11 headset, and a Sena SM-10 multimedia BT hub that I use on the bikes when riding solo. I may eventually buy a second SMH10-11 and finally ditch the old Starcom, but you know... when it ain't broke (yet), why fix it?

The Sena SMH10's are very stable at this point, possibly because they are no longer their current "state of the art" product? I cannot complain about their performance in any way. I know you will be interested in the bike to bike performance, but I have not tested them in that way at all.

Anyway, it is another possibility for you guys to consider.

PS - RFR!!

edit the SMH10 dash 11 is the one with an independently positionable boom microphone OR a velcro-in spot mike in your helmet chin bar. It makes installing it correctly much easier than the all-in-one regular SMH10 with the integrated boom microphone. Worth noting as it doesn't cost you much more up front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because my wife is a rider as well, communication is my primary need. Secondary to that is music, radar and finally GPS. After spending way too much money on multiple helmet mounted systems we finally went with the Autocom (about 10 years ago). Aside from the expense we have no complaints. The system has functioned great for us. Another lesson in stepping over a dollar to get to a dime.

I recently got a Schubert helmet and also purchased the Cardo Scala neck roll replacement. Also bought a Cardo ScalaRider system for my wife's helmet. It was very disappointing after coming from the Autocom. I returned the Schuberth thing and the Cardo ScalaRider Q3 for her helmet is currently in the classified ads.

I recently got a Schubert helmet and also purchased the Cardo Scala neck roll replacement. Also bought a Cardo ScalaRider system for my wife's helmet. It was very disappointing after coming from the Autocom. I returned the Schuberth thing and the Cardo ScalaRider Q3 for her helmet is currently in the classified ads.
What are you disappointed wlth? Range? Voice quality? Battery life? Voice activation? Speaker volume?

What are you disappointed wlth? Range? Voice quality? Battery life? Voice activation? Speaker volume?

Primarily we were disappointed with the bike to bike range. I also didn't like the "always on" microphone. I was never really looking to change systems; the Cardo stuff just seemed more new-age and I liked the idea of no wire to my helmet.

If the Autocom ever becomes toast I'll look at the Sena more closely. I'll also look at the Moto Chello.

I don't want BT. I like the one single cable that plugs in and I don't have to worry about synchronizing everything ( or suddenly having to re-synch in the middle of a ride).

When the Autocom was working, it worked great. Bike to bike was so clear and we always used VOX.

The biggest issue is that Autocom has no local dealers or technical support and paying a large price for replacement parts.

We have had the units 10 years and stuff is just getting worn out - especially the headsets.

I agree with OregonRider; 1st level of priority for us is rider-to-rider communication.