Had the opportunity to test OES Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastern5

Reaction score
Bought these for a reason, and the reason happened. Just wanted to say that these frame slider did a great job. Saddle bag scratched, looks solid. was able to gather my stuff from it after so... And scratch the mirror, although there looks like a small crack on one of the two forks of the mirror extender, I was able to adjust all range of motion of mirror so, we see.

everything looks good, will have to inspect more later but I could imagine the damage could have been worse without the slider.

smile.png
punk.gif
bye.gif
to the two cagers that got out and helped out, and also checked if I was okay.

In all this I was still able to arrive to work early!

Bought these for a reason, and the reason happened. Just wanted to say that these frame slider did a great job. Saddle bag scratched, looks solid. was able to gather my stuff from it after so... And scratch the mirror, although there looks like a small crack on one of the two forks of the mirror extender, I was able to adjust all range of motion of mirror so, we see.

everything looks good, will have to inspect more later but I could imagine the damage could have been worse without the slider.

smile.png
punk.gif
bye.gif
to the two cagers that got out and helped out, and also checked if I was okay.

In all this I was still able to arrive to work early!

Crashing once is bad enough, but it had to suck putting her down 4 times to see if the sliders worked.

Glad you are okay and they did do their job

Sorry about the multiple posts! I had to refresh because it was going crazy! My computer! How do I remove my other posts?

I saw the multiple posts and thought that your adrenalin was probably still pumping
laugh.png
Only an admin can do a multi-post cleanup.

Glad you are OK and the bike survived. The guards are an insurance policy, you spend lots of money on it and get no returns -- until you need it, then you are glad you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to check mine out on a tip over because of a slanted road surface. No damage to the bike or slider, mirror didn't touch and only a slight scratch on the bag protector. Touched up the paint and it's nearly invisible. Money well spent.

Were these the standard length or the extended length? We have the OES extended length on Dad's '07 as well as the saddlebag protectors on the rear. Hoping he does not do a full test of these components.

TeeHaml:

The road was wet and sandy. ongoing construction in the area. and I wanted to turn.

ionbeam:

rolleyes.gif
, although at the moment after the motorcycle was upright I just started up and gone. Did not give it much thought until at work.

Redfish Hunter:

These are standard length, cause a few years back I could not see the benefits of additional 1/2"

Last edited by a moderator:
hey metalman, was your frame slider something longer than the OES brand? being that your mirrors were unscratched.

Lucky me, the mirrors folded right in.

well, not as bad of damage. went out to check. the mirror can now fold all the way toward the tank, not good but not too bad. the saddle bag functions as before with a few scratches. and the muffler clamp probably needs a bit of tight/loose adjustment.

Eastern5, I have bag protectors from Canyon Cage along with the OEM sliders.....worked as advertised. Didn't realize there were extended OEM sliders available. I have a '14ES.

Eastern5, I have bag protectors from Canyon Cage along with the OEM sliders.....worked as advertised. Didn't realize there were extended OEM sliders available. I have a '14ES.
The Extended Length OES (not OEM) sliders were available for the Gen2 bikes, '06 thru '12. They are not available for your '14 Gen 3.

This pic from a few years ago shows the Extended OES sliders (yes, 1/2 inch makes a difference!) and the Canyon Cage bag protectors:

It is worth saying that after my experience with Dad's Gen 2 I wanted sliders that stuck WAAAAY out there. Looks were secondary to function. Therefore on my Gen3 I went with the T-Rex sliders. Note that they are not interchangeable.

The Extended Length OES (not OEM) sliders were available for the Gen2 bikes, '06 thru '12.

The OEM was meant to convey 'original equipment manufacture', or offered by Yamaha. Is OES a manufacture? I'm new to Yamaha and haven't heard of them.

The Extended Length OES (not OEM) sliders were available for the Gen2 bikes, '06 thru '12.

The OEM was meant to convey 'original equipment manufacture', or offered by Yamaha. Is OES a manufacture? I'm new to Yamaha and haven't heard of them.

https://www.oesaccessories.com/