Trail of the Madonna & Albuquerque

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
As if we don't have enough Spots to follow these next several days, I'd thought I would throw my hat into the mix as well.

Heading out tomorrow (7-1) after work to begin a little trip to Albuquerque. I promised a few riders a beer or two at the IBR finish. I'm thinking they may need one.

But to make this ride a little more interesting for myself, I thought I would incorporate the Tour of Honor "Madonna of the Trail" to the mix. This is comprised of 12 statues strung across this great country of ours beginning in Bethesda, MD to Upland, CA. The TOH has so far been a fantastic excuse to get out and ride. So I have been.

The crown jewel of this trip, I might add, will be on the 8th. That Thursday I'll be riding and picking up the New Mexico TOH memorials with one of my sons living in Albuquerque. he has just recently signed up for the TOH. So yeah, this will be pretty special for me. I swear we'll break in that new FZ-07 good and proper.

Here's my Spotwalla link (I hope I do this right):

https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=dd1955906c0e4a2ea&scale=on&zoom=default&refresh=no

I could say it might be a bit of bummer to be missing out on the IBR reports as the rally developes, but I won't. I'll be too busy riding. Besides I know I'll be seeing them at the end and some of you non-IBR riders as well.

Is there a Madonna here in NM? I know "Our Lady of Guadalupe" church has a replica of the Mexican original, and every other house in the north and south valleys have a Lady of Guadalupe statue in their yard, but is there like a big statue around here you're trying to hit?

<ducking>

Hee Hee.. gee Tripper, I hope this CBA doode doesn't out-ride you..

I put in more than 200 freaking miles today! Top that you poser!!!
flirt.gif

</ducking>

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=da1055801c6c5043b

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a Madonna here in NM? I know "Our Lady of Guadalupe" church has a replica of the Mexican original, and every other house in the north and south valleys have a Lady of Guadalupe statue in their yard, but is there like a big statue around here you're trying to hit?

MTr10 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

Marble Ave. NW and 4th St. NW

GPS: 35.0930134,-106.6499163

There you have it 'Zilla. Thnx U Hud.

And in addition to that, one of the memorials is only a couple blocks away from Roadrunner19. Maybe that's why he signed up, figures they all might be that easy.

Ooooooh...THIS lady:

20150701_080114.jpg

I thought you were adding a religious spin to your Tour. I pass by her at least once a day, most days.

See you in a few.

Hell, I thought he was giving directions to "The Marble Brewery" but they're on Marble and 1st street.
smile.png

FUUUUUUCK!!

Try. Walmart. They'll have a close one that will get you on the road. Order a right one and send it to me. We'll install it when u get here.

I think I have it figured out. If I wiggle the shifter just so, everything comes on. But jeez is it touchy. Don't know if this might be indicative of a pending total failure down the road or just crud building up where it shouldn't.

Time to get back on the road.