Lower footrests

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

entonox

Reaction score
punk.gif
Hi can anyone help. My mate loves my FJR and is looking at a 2013 model tomorrow.

He has bad hips and would like lower maybe slightly more forward footrests.................any ideas?

Have seen MCL stuff advertised anyone had experience of these ?

Any advice would be welcome

Cheers Terry

On 2nd generation FJRs MCL makes a peg lowering kit, but I don't know about 3rd generation bikes. Also the peg lowering kit makes the bike scrape a lot more in the twistees, Another part solution is highway pegs. You cant' just keep your feet on them all the time, but you can put your feet on them enough to keep your bad hips from screaming. Also on 2nd generation AE models you can actually ride with your feet on the highway pegs most of thetime by using the paddle shifter and learning to use your right heel for the rear brake instead of your right toes.

I've got the MCL's and like them. They fit on the '13's just fine. Don't use the stock footpeg feelers, use short bolts instead to get some ground clearance back. Also you need have your toes on the footpegs when making sharp turns our you will drag your boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try twisted throttle , MFW Vario peg lowering kit for FJR, The kit will not only lower the pegs ( three different heights available) But also allows you to rotate the pegs to better position your foot to suit. Helpful for the passenger to keep boots away from exhaust .