15% Ethanol Comment period is open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtie_brain

Reaction score
Riders,

Please take the time to tell the EPA NO on increasing Ethanol standards........this will destroy most motorcycles. The main issue is the specific gravity of Alcohol (Ethanol) is lighter than gas. If you pump less than 5 gallons at any single time you can get way too much Ethanol vs. Gas and destroy your motor. This will wreak havoc on older cars and Motorcycles.......Even large Cruisers only have 5.5 gallon tanks, it's not good.

The AMA makes it easy for you to comment here:

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/sign-petition?1&engagementId=108574

I did my part.. I am so lucky to have NO ethanol High octane as the closest station to my home..

The arrogance of the EPA and politicians on this matter is simply astounding. If you go to the EPA site on E15, https://www.epa.gov/OMS/regs/fuels/additive/e15/e15-faq.htm, you could easily get the impression that all model year 2001 and newer cars, light trucks, and SUVs can use E15 with no problems at all. All this while the people that built the car are saying "No! Don't use it."

At least, new cars sold since E15 has become a reality can have warning labels. My '13 Toyota, for instance, says not to use it in the owner's manual and on the gas cap. But if I were an unwary consumer, I could assume that I could use it safely in my 2003 pickup and save the planet in the process.
rolleyes.gif

Comment? You bet.

I did my part.. I am so lucky to have NO ethanol High octane as the closest station to my home..
I do as well, but we have to pay the big bucks for that grade. Not as much worried about this w my bikes as I am more for my boat, which drinks a cool 25 gals/hour and that's just up on plane (barely).

Signed!!! AMA member. It is my understanding E15 will be an elective and served via a different color pump. The current 10% ethanol fuel will still be available.

Signed...... thanks for the heads up.....

Nothing worse then these politicians that do nothing but continue to push their global warming agenda - all the while taking directly from a food source.... Where the hell is the logic in these people...... It never balances out - you get worse mileage with these fuels so you burn more.... Plus its hard on the engine, but they just don't listen or give a shit.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hesitant to sign because the petition requires an email address, but I did sign and only received one email, an acknowledgement, no spam and no advertising. Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^ The petition's from the AMA. You'll probably get an AMA email in the next few weeks. 'Unsubscribe' and that should be the end of it.

I was hesitant to sign because the petition requires an email address, but I did sign and only received one email, an acknowledgement, no spam and no advertising. Well done.
FWIW .... and a bit off topic ....

It can be worthwhile to have an email address to use where you don't want to expose your regular address. They're free from a number of places, and you can keep it active by just going to it once a month or so and erasing what's in it.

corn should be eaten

ethanol should be drank

neither case involves my motorcycle.