PA day trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerider

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Weather forecast for today was calling for perfect weather, so I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to burn up some fuel and tire rubber. One of my favorite riding areas for day trips is the area between Bedford, PA, McConnellsburg, PA, Flintstone, MD, and Hancock, MD; decided to ride some old familiar roads and some new ones. Slabbed it out Orleans Rd. and headed north on PA 26.

DSC00881-1.JPG

I like to cut across Miller's Corner Rd. to Chanysville; single lane road can be a tight squeeze if someone is coming the opposite way.

DSC00884-1.JPG

Runs through some nice forest land.

DSC00883-2.JPG

Stopped at Mike's Place in Clear Ridge for a bag of chips and an ice tea. You know you're not at the corner Starbucks in Yuppieville, USA when you see one of these in the parking lot.

DSC00885-1.JPG

Noticed lots of folks getting the next cutting in. This fellow was on Rock Hill Church Rd.

DSC00190.JPG

More greenery from Monroe Mountain Rd.

DSC00886-1.JPG

Swung by Whitetail on the way home; might be a while before these ski runs see snow again.

DSC00887-1.JPG

Great day, great ride, even made it back before the evening rush hour traffic. Days like this this time of the year are a gift for which I am grateful. Tom

Great pics.

I for got how beautiful PA is.

Went to school there once upon a time.

Great pics, love the 2nd one, my kinda road!

Lonerider, if you ever want some company just ping me,I get down that way fairly often. Great area to "get lost". I'm free most weekends. There's never any traffic down that way.

Maybe meet for lunch at the Road Kill?

Lonerider, if you ever want some company just ping me,I get down that way fairly often. Great area to "get lost". I'm free most weekends. There's never any traffic down that way.Maybe meet for lunch at the Road Kill?
Lack of traffic is one of the great features of this area. Lunch at the Road Kill (Crooked Run Rd., right?) sounds great to me.

I've heard from many that rural PA is a nice place to ride. Not overly technical, but good roads and plenty to see. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Latest posts