Finally a route creating method that makes sense on my mac

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is correct about reducing the number points in the automagicallygenerated track list. If you don't there will be annoying announcements every .5 miles or so,,,

I have been looking for this for some time now as I find making routes in Basecamp a frustrating experience.

Thanks for the link.

I know that some find Basecamp works for them but not so in my case.

It just annoys me to have to search and search to find tricks on how to do things that Google Maps does easily.

Garmin makes fine GPS units but mapping software.....epic fail !!

The only reason I need BC is to load the route on my Garmin device.

He is correct about reducing the number points in the automagicallygenerated track list. If you don't there will be annoying announcements every .5 miles or so,,,
Once a route is imported to Basecamp, you can double-click on the route and the waypoints will come up. You need to change those to no announcement so they become via points. This also keeps the GPS from getting cluttered up with a shit-ton of favorites you really don't want to look at all the time. I do this for every route that is given to me in GPX format, or even Garmin routes distributed for rides or rallys.

I don't know what you guys are doing that makes BaseCamp so hard to use.

I planned my 48/10 ... that is a 7300 mile route with 50+ waypoints with no trouble at all.

Maybe it's a "learning-curve" thing.

I planned my 48/10 ... that is a 7300 mile route with 50+ waypoints with no trouble at all.

Just must mean your smarter than some of us...................

Just must mean your smarter than some of us...................
.. or that I have had lots of practise.

Interesting, I don't really like Basecamp but I find it easier to use than Google Maps. But I have never really worked at learning Google Maps as I need a mapping program that does not require an internet connection.