Joining the ES Fray

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnspot

Who Me?
Reaction score
Peer pressure (all of you ES owners, but mostly Bob
jester.gif
) finally pushed me over the edge; I pick up my new 2015ES in the morning.
punk.gif

I'd been looking for quite awhile, who hasn't, and kept talking myself out of them until today, lol. This will be the first bike I've ever owned from mile zero.

I'm keeping my '07 for awhile until the market clears a bit...

No pics other than this one...at least until tomorrow when it's released from captivity.

image-L.jpg

I think it looks like crap. I would never ride a bike that ugly. Well, at least I won't ride one that ugly until later this evening.

I can tell you that the difference between your '07 and the '15 ES is big. Lots of little things add up. Good luck with the new bike, I am looking forward to another epic Ride Report from you.

The Best Bike ever made - 2015 ES..... !!!

Glad you were able to make the upgrade.... Enjoy - and now open your wallet wide for upgrades....

Congrats! I'm definitely loving mine. At this point in time, I don't think there's a better sport touring motorcycle in the market. Add that to the incredible value of the FJR ES, and you've got a killer combo (As awesome as the bike is, I can't get over the quality of the bag liners!)

When those Iron Butt guys have the confidence to hop on an FJR with 100K+ miles and finish/win the event, that says something. After coming from BMWs and KTMs since 1983, It's an amazing machine for $15K. Hell, I paid $15K for my BMW R1100S back in 2002, and then had to buy the bags, and liners, and mounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
ES is what made me trade in the 2009 for a 2014... and I don't regret it one minute. You will love your new machine. Enjoy !!

Thanks to my neighbor who played taxi and drove me the hour to the dealer early today...the bike was signed, sealed, and delivered before 10am. The dealer made sure to show me that the sidebag cover pieces, spare lock, and bag liners were present and accounted for. Brought my Laam seats with me; neighbor took the OEMs back home with him...I'll throw them on the '07.

image-L.jpg

The first order of business was to leave the lot without dumping it, lol...the "Sport" mode is twitchy...lesson learned...moved it to "Touring" mode until I got familiar with the ways of the new throttle system. I proceeded to stop by my friend's house a few miles from the dealer to do a show and tell (he's also selling an '07) and then continued on for around 145 miles of "testing" until the temperature/humidity got to be too much and I headed for the barn.

Impressions: I did a mixture of curvy roads and freeways today...I LOVE THIS BIKE. The airflow is better and I love having a cruise control, which was no more difficult than a car's CC to operate, and the ability to have a plush ride at the toggle of a menu item. The dash seems a bit too reflective of my visage in bright sun, making it somewhat hard to see the speedo, but I'll get over it...quickly. I like the effects with the LEDs around the headlights...pretty cool look. Overall, I think this bike and I will see many miles together...

image-L.jpg

Got it home and immediately started moving my Givi and Admore stuff over from the '07.

image-L.jpg

The Tech Monokey trunk looks good on the bike..

image-L.jpg

So they removed the center material from this part? It's a solid cover on Gen II's.

image-L.jpg

Admore kit wired up, everything done for now. Next task will be getting my GPS power and Warm 'n Safe power cables setup...for another day...I'm worn out, lol.

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new ES! Also, probably a good idea to wait on selling the '07...there seems to be a lot of them around now.

I know its alot of fun to get caught up in dressing that bad boy up....... Don't forget to get some locktite on those sidebag locks my brotha !!!

Congrats - that thing is beautiful...... Now to get another one of these stickers on the side of the new one....

Official%20Dragon%20copy.png

I know its alot of fun to get caught up in dressing that bad boy up....... Don't forget to get some locktite on those sidebag locks my brotha !!!
Congrats - that thing is beautiful...... Now to get another one of these stickers on the side of the new one....

Official%20Dragon%20copy.png
Yep, Loctite is on my list for today's tinkering, along with that pesky fuel tank sticker. I flogged the bike well this morning and it feels even better

Congrats!! All FJRs rock, but Gen 3s rock the mostest. See you at EOM?
Of course, already booked months ago. See you there. :D