Any ideas for Kickstand Enlarger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rider_FJR

Reaction score
Yep ... Make your own:

DSCN0104-L.jpg

^^^^ LMAO^^^

FYI - you might have to grind the bottom of the kickstand to make it flat, then use thread locker on Dave's BigFoot !!

No question, Dave is a class act and makes top shelf items. You've got me thinking about a Big Foot myself (though I still need to install his PAIR covers on my current sled). Even if I do I'll still keep one of these in my fairing box for .50 cents (Lowes). Cheap insurance that can be passed along to fellow riders.

I carry a junction box cover as shown above with a braided cord threaded through a screw hole in the one I have (not shown in the one pictured) Fits nicelly in my Tank Bag, haven't tried to fit it in the glove box, have to much stuff in there as it is. The cord I attached is long enough that I can wrap it around the clutch and handlebar and so far I haven;t managed to ride off without retrieving it. Give me some time though.

I take a piece of scrap steel and band saw a reasonable shape. Lean the bike on the steel which keeps it flat. One lap with the MIG and a little rattle can black. Done deal. It can't fall off and you can't forget it.:) :) :)

I have used a Large steel washer on my FJR's . With the stand in the up position,mark it where it clears the can and set the side stand down on the washer in the marked position, a couple of welds and a rattle can and it looks stock. WAH LAA! Grind any extra off for ground clearance issues and save your self Big $$$. Works great for me.