May be coming back

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
I traded my 07 fjr on a roadking about a year ago. Out of 18 bikes those 2 have been my favorites. Ive been contimplating on a trip next year and dont feel comfortable doing it on my 06 roadking. Hence i worked out a trade deal for a used 2014 es and im just waiting on his call to confirm everything for pick up next week. I must say the harley culture is very addictive and i love the road king but I sure miss the conveinces and power of the fjr. And damn that red looks good. lol

South georgia, thats about all that is around. All my friends have hd and we used to ride to the different dealers to collect shot glasses. rode 3 hours each was for a $10 glass.

That and they have the marketing down pat.

Welcome back to the fold. We've all had indiscretions, just that, not all are willing to admit it...like you. :)

I hope the deal works in your favor!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wheatonFJR" data-cid="1247748" data-time="1437854727"><p>

What would you say is the most addictive thing about the HD culture?</p></blockquote>

All the sexy low mileage retreads of course.

and the broke dick HD posers keep marching on, Glory Glory HD.
It is obvious that you are a fine addition to the motorcycle collective.
fuck.gif

Yeah, almost all my moto friends are H-D riders -- as you said, that's almost all there are around here. Urban street bikers come in second place (in terms of participants), but there are only half as many street bikers as H-D riders.

Like any group of human beings, some of them are asshats. Most of them are just looking to enjoy the ride, and some of them do 500-mile-days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the market for a Hardley right now. Big touring bike.

I wanna try one before I croak. Just to see what all the fuss is about.

Screw the 'culture' tho.

:)

Yup. This. I too have friends who HD it to the bar and starbucks... I also have a few who are more than willing to go the distance. Every group has its few that no one likes. In the end, I ride for me, and let the guy next to me do the same. Life is too short to get bent over who has stock pipes or straight pipes.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Uncle Hud" data-cid="1247942" data-time="1437937841"><p>

Yeah, almost all my moto friends are H-D riders -- as you said, that's almost all there are around here. Urban street bikers come in second place (in terms of participants), but there are only half as many street bikers as H-D riders.<br />

<br />

Like any group of human beings, some of them are asshats. Most of them are just looking to enjoy the ride, and some of them do 500-mile-days.</p></blockquote>

The last number I saw about motorcycle ownership (before I left) in the U.S. is H.D has 60% of market. 60%. They don't build one that really floats my boat,, but 60% of market is hard to argue with..

Today,I was at Walmart looking for Brats for some grilling later tonight. I ran into these:

harley-davidson-green-chili-and-cheese-smoked-sausage.png

Green chile and Cheese looked decent; however, anything that gives those assholes one cent of profit will not be paid for my me. They can suck it.

Of course, HD would enter the food market with a piece of meat shaped like a pecker. Idiots.

During our trip, I almost stopped by Grand Canyon HD with the idea of wasting their time, but that would have meant I had to waste my family's time. That will never happen. Hell, yesterday my middle daughter and I went on a ride. Came up on a Harley looking like it needed some help. I was super nice. I didn't even give him the finger as I throttled past him. He should have bought a reliable bike.

Today,I was at Walmart looking for Brats for some grilling later tonight. I ran into these:
harley-davidson-green-chili-and-cheese-smoked-sausage.png

Green chile and Cheese looked decent; however, anything that gives those assholes one cent of profit will not be paid for my me. They can suck it.

Of course, HD would enter the food market with a piece of meat shaped like a pecker. Idiots.

During our trip, I almost stopped by Grand Canyon HD with the idea of wasting their time, but that would have meant I had to waste my family's time. That will never happen. Hell, yesterday my middle daughter and I went on a ride. Came up on a Harley looking like it needed some help. I was super nice. I didn't even give him the finger as I throttled past him. He should have bought a reliable bike.
I tried those. They suck. lol

Im blown away at the way people react to harleys. No where near the neagtivity on yhe harley site. Ive owned 18 bikes, 3 have been harleys, the rest sport/sport touring bikes. I dont see the reason to be asshats about it. I know plenty of harley riders that are great people, some are assholes and the same can be said the other way. Thats the problem with this country right now. Everyone wants to categorize everyone else. Oh he rides a harley, hes got to be a dick. Give me a break.

On a positive note I got my deal worked out on the 14es. I just got to decide if I want to pull the trigger. I can pick the fjr up tomorrow.

That's great. I hope it's the bike you want. It sure is a good one.

I doubt if the Yammy dealers are gonna be handing out shot glasses though.

Some of the posters above may be incensed that an HD dealer refused to help on a vacation trip because his bike was so called jap crap. Wouldn't help at all.

Others, like me, just find large packs of slow riding HD riders annoying when trying to get around them.

I have found that the solo HD riders can be friendly and know how to ride...but when you get others in a large pack...the asshatness meter starts to spike.

My take is that the majority of Harley folks are just looking for the social aspect of it. They like the "club" thing. The main reason that I think that is that when I am out and about and see a Harley, it almost always is in a pack with a bunch of others. A lot of the time they are actually parked somewhere gabbing, or whatever.

I think that pack mentality also goes along with the ubiquitous pirate dress up attire, and their unwillingness to wave to guys on ST bikes. Unfortunately, it also drives things like no helmets (not required here) and loud pipes (illegal but goes mostly unenforced).

Now before anyone goes all "hog wild" about that, we also have some of the same mentality in our midst. Don't show up at an FJR ride in jeans and a tee shirt. ATGATT is the norm. What you don't wear HiViz? Dork! And on the negative side, we (verbally or non-verbally) induce others to ride a bit faster than the law allows.

So, glass houses and stone throwing aside, I think we are all a bunch of sheeple for the most part. It's just which Jim Jones you've decided to follow that's different.