2008 FJR, what's it worth ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KStrom

Reaction score
Thinking about selling my FJR since I just haven't had much time to ride it, (work, track days and racing and a V Strom in the garage also.)

It's a black 2008 model I bought used, 12,000 miles, not a mark on it, all services, oil changes etc. done by me.

Sweet bike that I just don't have time for at the moment so I'm thinking about moving it, my question is what's a fair asking price ?

Not looking to get hosed or make a million on the sale, opinions ?

Thanks, Greg

Most FJR's have been following the year.... 05= $5000. 08=$8000.

General Rule of Thumb..... Pristine will increase the price.

Rode hard and put away wet, (like Odot or Bust) will decrease value.

Unless you like molesting Baby Seal's or Sheep.....
crazy.gif

From what I've seen I think high $6K to mid $7K is more realistic. Depends on your location as well as other variables. I know of an '11 with 18K miles for $7400 that hasn't moved in over a month. I sold my '08 with 16k miles, a couple of nice aftermarket farkles and also in pristine shape for $6800 a couple of months ago after six months listing it at $7200. KBB and NADA pricing seems a bit on the high side last I checked.

Silverhound is right on.
Yup, for sure ^^^^.

With limited exceptions (California), book values are higher than what the bikes will bring on the street. Those priced at book sit on the market with owners questioning why they don't move...

--G

I was looking at Gen II FJR prices earlier this week. Prices are dropping fast. I figure my 09 with 64k miles is worth at best $6000.

With that knowledge I will ride it well past 100,000 miles. I love my 09. It is well farkled and fits me perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I just bought my '08 with less than 6K miles, several farkles (helibar risers, LEDs, passenger heel rests, headlight and brakelight modulators, passenger foot exhaust shields, installed battery tender pigtail, and several hundreds of dollars of extra riding gear) for $6300. Seller was hesitant to let go, but needed quick cash for an unexpected bill.

YMMV

FWIW, I just bought my '08 with less than 6K miles, several farkles (helibar risers, LEDs, passenger heel rests, headlight and brakelight modulators, passenger foot exhaust shields, installed battery tender pigtail, and several hundreds of dollars of extra riding gear) for $6300. Seller was hesitant to let go, but needed quick cash for an unexpected bill.YMMV
Sweat deal and congrats. My bike is now worth no more than 5500. The up side is the cost to ride it per mile is going way south.