Bike out of service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyRider

Reaction score
Laying here in ICU beat up and some bruising on the brain. Got T-boned by some new driver with less than 6-months behind the Wheel. Slow speed in parking lot, hit right rear and me. Bike may be history, need to get out of the hospital first. Been riding sport bikes since 1975 without an accident and some young girl took me out. Be careful out there

Get well soon. Hard to hear about these in city incidents. I have given up using the bike for local transportation and use it for pleasure on the open road away from the risks posed by in city driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ What he said. Parking lots are dangerous places; people coming and going from all over the place. Hope you recover fully.

Good that your posting, It means your brain still is working fine. Heal up quick and start looking at the next bike to purchase.

Leaving the house every day is a hazard it seems.

Keep your head in the game out there folks, Life can Zap you sometimes.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I hate these kind of posts!

Glad you're keyboard capable at least. Heal up and I hope she has good insurance.

Was she on a cell phone
rolleyes.gif
, seems like they always are.

Heal quick and well Mr Husky.

At least its only the bike that is out of service. Could have been a lot worse. Heal quickly and get a shiny new 2015 to replace the dearly departed '08.

Costco parking lots around here are really bad, cell phones, speeding, park way out in the corners and walking in are SOP.

She just got off work, in a hurry. Hopefully the ct scan shows some improvement

Tomorrow and I can go home and evaluate the bike.

Been retired almost a year and just started another job

Near the accident location, going back into retirement

Full time now.

Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes.

Domenic

As much as I like riding I frikkin hate using the bike to go anywhere around town for just these reasons. Seems like everyone's in a hurry, yakking on the phone, cutting corners, etc.

But good to hear you're still kickin'. Hope you're home soon! Hospitals are no place to get rest and recuperate.

Here's hoping the ct gives good results. All the best with your recovery!

Echoing everyone else - fast recovery wishes sent your way. Concentrate on getting better - the bike can wait until you feel up to it.

Latest posts