Who's coming to the Indy MotoGP?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there! I heard from griff that he is coming up from SC. MadRussian will be there.

Yep, fixin to come part way upl from Greer, SC Thursday, be there Friday through Sunday.

I know my friend Iver will be there with his son then heading here for a few days riding before he,his wife Sharon, Festar and I head for the Bighorns, Beartooth, Chief Joseph, Lolo and points North and West.

Anyone going Friday or Sunday, stop by the Indianapolis Motorcycle Group tent in the vendor area, in front of Westfield Powersports shop and say hello! I should be there both days!

Ya got free beer there?
smile.png

Ya got free beer there? :)
Maybe. Last year we got 2 passes to the vendors' vip section, which included an included conditioned building with free food and drinks, even beer and mixed ones.

We are getting our tickets today and will be including some paddock passes for the first time. There are several new establishments in Speedway worth perusing let us locals know if anyone wants to check them out. Sadly, the beer is not free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking forward to working the races for the weekend, unfortunately I had to turn down the invitation last week. Maybe next year.

That's too bad, you can't be sure that Rossi will be racing next year and most likely Nicky Hayden will be switching to world superbike next year so chances of seeing him in MotoGP again are pretty slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big problem...I got to meet and watch the Hayden boys move up through the AMA ranks for many years at Mid-Ohio. But I would have liked to meet Rossi, and some of the other Moto GP riders.

I will be there with both my sons.......the three of us have Paddock Passes for Saturday, I certainly hope we get a chance to meet the Dr!

Getting myself all geared up to go too. Leaving on sat AM, overnighting in Columbus, OH and going to the track on sun. Will swing by the motorcycle group tent to say Hi

Getting myself all geared up to go too. Leaving on sat AM, overnighting in Columbus, OH and going to the track on sun. Will swing by the motorcycle group tent to say Hi
That's a long ride for just one day at the track! Looking forward to meeting you, but make sure you stop by in the AM before the big race since I will be watching too.

Are you going to make a pilgrimage to the Iron Pony while in Columbus?

My 5th time! Love it! Will swing by for sure. Usually get to the track on sun at 9ish or so. Luis

Are you going to make a pilgrimage to the Iron Pony while in Columbus?
I pretty much doubt that I'll be worth more than a quick bite to eat and a pint near by after 8h on the bike...

Heading over now. Be there in an hour. Taking over my 10yr old boy. Had to bring the truck. Not old enough to ride that far. Looking for a place to park Allen gave me a lead on spaces East and North of the track.

Latest posts