Lincoln, NH Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ed

Reaction score
New England Riders has a big White Mountains Trip scheduled for Sep 9-13. NER is a very friendly group of Sport Tourers, Tourers, and cruisers. We are staying at the Kancamagus Lodge and the Lodge at Lincoln Station. These venues are across the street from each other and are located at the beginning of the good part of the Kanc in Lincoln, NH. The posted rides are fantastic and we have a group dinner Sat night. Most evenings we get together at the hotel Sports Bar or at another venue within walking distance. There is quite a bit of cross over between the FJR Group and NER so chances are that you will see someone you know. Join us if you are able: https://www.newenglandriders.org/Lincoln/Lincoln_Weekend.htm

2 deluxe rooms with steambath and two double beds are available in the West Lodge (next to my room) for the Lincoln, NH trip. These great rooms are Oversize Rooms with Fridge, Coffee maker, Table w/ 2 chairs, 32″ Flatscreen TV, Steambath, Shower. Located in the West Lodge, these oversized non-smoking rooms offer additional living space. These rooms are near the fire pits, the indoor pool, and the restaurant. The discounted rate is $139.00. The regular rate is $159 so be sure to ask for the NER discount. https://www.kancamaguslodge.com/entry.html

Deluxe-Room-1-.jpg

I will be up that way that weekend. I will be staying in Sanford, ME. Maybe I will get out that way.
How much time do ya have? Go from Sanford west to Rt 153 to Conway, to Rt 112/Kancamagus Hwy to Lincoln. Take 93 north through beautiful and dramatic Franconia Notch to 302 east to Rt 16 north to Mt Washington Auto Road and scare yourself shitless riding up the mountain where the weather and the view are both stunning.

Rt 153:

IMG_4672a.jpg

Old Man Of the Mountain in Franconia Notch:

OldMan.jpg

Mt Washington Inn Bretton Woods on Rt 302:

Img_3487c.jpg

Top of Mt Washington on one day:

silverclouds.jpg

Top of Mt Washington on another day:

WendyPhilWashingtonsm.jpg

Be prepared to be blown away by Mt Washington (note the chains on the building to hold it down)

Mt.%2BWashington-Highest%2Bwind%2Bsign.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
All familiar territory Alan. In case you didn't know, I was born in Boston and grew up mostly in MA, but also in VT. I then lived in Sanford for 10 years and then Bath, NH. I know the routes you speak of. I will probably do some of that coming from the west heading to Sanford. Taught my kids to ski at Cannon Mt.

My neck of the woods and although our season is short, there is a lot of great riding up here. Unfortunately I work Wednesday through Sunday. Maybe I can get away for a bit and meet some of you?

Latest posts