Motocentric rain gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking too. We have the liners for our jackets and pants, but the wife wants to just throw something on over our gear instead, plus she wants a one piece suit. So I've been looking around, and have it narrowed down to a couple.

The things I'll do to make her happy. :)

I've had the Motocentric suit with the boot covers for right at two years. I've only had one occasion it didn't hold up. Rode through monsoon type weather for around two hours and my shirt and pant legs (and unmentionables :) were soggy. Boots stayed dry somehow despite riding through all of that. Otherwise, this set is terrific and perfectly priced.

Just watched the video. I may get one of these. I hate the rain liners. they are hotter and a pain to put in and take out on the side of the road.

I need a new rainsuit, also. I never buy gear making the assumption that I'm pulling over to put rain liners on. Screw that!

Just watched the video. I may get one of these. I hate the rain liners. they are hotter and a pain to put in and take out on the side of the road.
You say this and all I can picture is us stopped on the side of the road last year, after running the Dragon, in a heavy downpour, and huddled under the bushes donning liners lol.
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Frogg Toggs - super light weight, easy to pack. They are no $1,200 1 piece riding suit. They are great to throw over your riding jacket on cold nights, and does an OK job of keeping you somewhat dry in light to moderate rain. You will get a little damp no matter what you wear.

https://www.froggtoggs.com/

Cabellas has um on sale for $19 a SET !! Frogg Toggz

You say this and all I can picture is us stopped on the side of the road last year, after running the Dragon, in a heavy downpour, and huddled under the bushes donning liners lol. :D
Yeah...at that point, we probably should have just kept riding.

I have a rain suit that I can put on over my riding gear. Just pull over to the shoulder ahead of the coming storm, put it on as the wind plays havoc with the sleeves and legs, mount up and ride on. Over the years, I've found that action alone will make a storm move off in another direction, leaving me safe and dry.
smile.png
WBill

You say this and all I can picture is us stopped on the side of the road last year, after running the Dragon, in a heavy downpour, and huddled under the bushes donning liners lol.
biggrin.png
Exactly the time I was thinking of!

biggrin.png
It was a little cool, so I wanted it just to preserve some body heat. Wet isn't bad, but cold and wet sucks.

biggrin.png
It was a little cool, so I wanted it just to preserve some body heat. Wet isn't bad, but cold and wet sucks.
Yeah...probably should have pulled over sooner...the problem was that there was no where to pull over. Oh well... I hate rain gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with FYB.

This whole issue of what is good raingear depends on where you ride and how long you ride, and what your past experiences are.

I had a good two piece TourMaster that was great for most cases and I was happy with it, until an event burned into my brain in October of 2009.

6" of rain and upper 30s temps on the way down to AR from Illinois.

Rain running off my helmet and ending up going down my back...Also, cold and wet leaking through the air between the jacket and the pants...even though they overlapped.

I got a one-piece rainsuit in 2010 with a rain hoodie, so water does not go down the back, and no cold air leakage between jacket and pants. It also breathes very well so you are not steamed to death in the heat. I believe it is a TourMaster. The only thing I have found with TourMaster products is that the zipper pullers break off almost immediately. Other than that, I would give this suit a 10 out of 10.

I don't put it on unless there is a freaking downpour, as there is nothing wrong with riding through light rain in the south with my typical OLY mesh gear.

It looks funky...but I have never cared what people think, just how well it keeps me from experiencing that drenching numbing cold. I am happy with it, and will buy another again when this wears out.

For anyone interested amazon has it for the same price sold by the same company, motorcycle seperstore, but ordering on amazon its free shipping.