YXX Airshow - Candy Butt Submission

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapest

Reaction score
Took a ride to the Abbotsford Airshow 8/8/15. (Camera date is one day off)

15 turns from my driveway. 33 km. I hit every green light as I rode thru Fraser Valley blueberry fields.

40 minutes in line to park. Nice overcast, not too hot, perfect for an airshow.

We are under Stage 3 water restrictions, cant even wash the dust off the bike.

Does this earn a Candy Butt number? I am hopeful.

B-17

B-52

PBY

Chinook

CF-18 in Battle of Britain livery (arty eh!)

F-22 (same technique)

F-22 is just awesome. Flat turns at the top of a square loop. Sliding backwards at 140 kts with full control. Incredible.

Enjoyed an air show my self earlier this year. Have not yet seen the F-22 fly, though. Envious of that.

F-22's are way cool. We built a lay down hanger for the first one stationed at Holoman AFB, Alamogordo NM. Got to get pretty close and we were able to see it fly a few times before very many people knew we had them. Program was canceled by Obama, now we are finding out the F-35 is a slow POS replacement. Go figure! we otta go back to the B-17's, now those are cool aircraft.

F-22's are way cool. We built a lay down hanger for the first one stationed at Holoman AFB, Alamogordo NM. Got to get pretty close and we were able to see it fly a few times before very many people knew we had them. Program was canceled by Obama, now we are finding out the F-35 is a slow POS replacement. Go figure! we otta go back to the B-17's, now those are cool aircraft.
I was at Holoman late 60s-early 70s. Crew Chief F4D. 8th TFS Black Sheep.