LED Controller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

900gc

Reaction score
I'm looking for a compact PWM LED light dimmer. I'd like a simple rotary type but my searches are coming up with ones with a fairly big box and not sure as to their weather resistance. I came across this:

https://cdn.ecolocityled.com/downloads/mini_pwm_specs_1.pdf

Was wondering what you all think about this unit (not sure about the water resistance ability), and/or if you know of a small, weatherproof rotary type.

Thanks.

I use one of these from ADVMonster.com. It is a rotary dimmer with a high beam bypass. LEDs are dim on lo beams, but come on full power with the highs.

I use this one but it's not waterproof. If you are handy, you can easily repackage it. The gut is tiny but the box is big.

I use it to run my Widder heated vest. I still wonder how they could sell it for $3 including free shipping from China?

https://www.amazon.com/Leegoal-LEDwholesalers-Lights-Dimming-Controller/dp/B003L4KKF2/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1439399161&sr=1-3&keywords=PWM+controller

HpSv0Qfm.jpg

BrrD06Nm.jpg

eYfzTbUm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want weather resistance, build an analog dimmer. If you're handy with basic electronics, or willing to be walked through some basic electronics, you can build a controller suitable to your LED's for peanuts.

Although it doesn't have a knob, this one from Skene is da'bomb!
--G
I'm with G man, I had the AVD one and had to tape it to a low position as it wouldn't hold it. The lights would either flicker and turn off or they would start getting brighter.

That screwed the reason i bought it as I though I might want to shut off the lowers.

The Skene has the lowers on twenty percent all the time and when I hit the high beam the lowers go bright and if I have the ADP switch turned on the uppers also go bright.

LEDRider has a nice simple dimmer, comes with high beam bypass built in for $25.00

https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=BD1

dimmer-new_ed61dced0ecb873333c29f05143ebcd5.jpg
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! This is what I had in mind. Don't know why my googlefoo did not find it initially. Thanks Warpdrv!

I know you were looking for small, but just be aware that this box is not huge but not tiny....

Dimensions if you didn't notice them on the site.....

Unit is 2 inches lenght/width and 1 inch high.

LEDRider has a nice simple dimmer, comes with high beam bypass built in for $25.00

https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=BD1

dimmer-new_ed61dced0ecb873333c29f05143ebcd5.jpg
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! This is what I had in mind. Don't know why my googlefoo did not find it initially. Thanks Warpdrv!

I know you were looking for small, but just be aware that this box is not huge but not tiny....

Dimensions if you didn't notice them on the site.....

Unit is 2 inches lenght/width and 1 inch high.
Compact enough for what I have planned. Oddly, I tried to order one but it would not let me (out of stock perhaps?) E-mailed them but have not heard back yet.

Justin will get back to you....
He is a forum sponsor here - check the group buy area, and maybe PM him from there....

Everyone deserves a couple days - he is a very responsive business owner and sells awesome products and certainly supports them to the nth degree....... I and many others here have many for their machines...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154957-ledrider-led-floods-and-spots-fjr-forum-discount/
Thanks Warpdrv, I did not know Justin was 'the guy'. PM'ed him.

Haven't heard back from Justin using both e-mails. If he is on vacation or something, I wish he had left an auto reply message saying so. No response at all is not good CS.

I really want THAT controller and really want to get my aux. LED lights hooked up. It may sound trivial but I commute at night and the single whimpy headlight on my '09 DR650 has failed to keep two idiots from pulling out in front of me in only three nightly commutes! Those LED's are an important safety feature!

I may go the Skene or ADVmonster doohicky route if I don't hear back this week.

Hey - I'm sorry, I did not get your messages and someone pointed out this thread to me. Not sure why I didn't get those, I'll have to look into that further to make sure other messages aren't being "lost" :/.

We're actually out of stock on the basic dimmers right now. We carry the Skene units as well, which are a much better option. Just hide the little box somewhere and everything is controlled through the highbeam switch. It also is pretty much plug and play as it omits the need for a separate relay etc.

Hey - I'm sorry, I did not get your messages and someone pointed out this thread to me. Not sure why I didn't get those, I'll have to look into that further to make sure other messages aren't being "lost" :/.
We're actually out of stock on the basic dimmers right now. We carry the Skene units as well, which are a much better option. Just hide the little box somewhere and everything is controlled through the highbeam switch. It also is pretty much plug and play as it omits the need for a separate relay etc.
No worries Justin. Sorry for your e-mail technical difficulties, good thing I was a 'pest' eh?
smile.png
As far as I can tell, that rotary controller you carry is the only one like it in existence! I know there is another rotary type (ADV) out there but it's twice the $$. I like the idea of having variable brightness control at my finger tips instead of pre-set like the Skene.

So.... will you be getting more of the rotary ones in soon?

Thanks much!