Well that was special ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07FJRVegas

Reaction score
I was on a ride with my 2011 and executing a very high speed pass when I felt something against my left knee ... I grabbed it and discovered it was: visor, side 1 S3 (3P6-2830C-00-P8) #26 on cowling 2 schematic. After I stopped, I discovered the plastic around the top bolt had cracked all around, the piece lifted and pulled away from the two clip in hinges and the bottom area around the lower bolt was badly bent from the part being bent back. Small scratch on frame and no other damage. So I need a new visor.

If I had to guess, one or both of the clip hinges wasn't fully snapped in, allowing the fairing to catch air and depart, yanking the rear fasteners out...it's been reported here before on occasion.

No, it was the top fastener that cracked all around the screw that holds it down. This then allowed the piece to lift and then it pulled out of the clip hinges and bent backwards with only the bottom fastener holding!

I\ll get some photos.

Mine on the right side blew off long ago. YES stepped in and bought me two new ones. Take a close look at the little hinges. One of mine had broken from being on and off. That let excess air underneath to lift it up and then rip it from the screws up top. I used some light grease on the new ones when they came in.

So, if you have YES, use it. Regardless, when you replace that piece put some grease on those chickenshit hinge pieces.

As I have always said, "Whatever idiot came up with that stupid application of a good idea needs to have his ass kicked. Those panels are useless."

my chickenshit hinges rattled....I put a strip of Velcro centered in the panel to shut them up...also some additional support.

side note...headlight adjusters rattled too...put an O-ring around the base of the knobs.. back on topic...