Tech Day XI: 10/10/2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
Announcing Tech Day XI (that's Tech Day number 11 for those who don't habla).

The date for this epic event is Saturday, October 10, 2015. Feel free to come in on Friday and stay an extra night.

This go-round, Sooze and I are hosting.

We have plenty of garage space including just enough tools to tear shit apart and not be able to put it back together. If yamafitter can't make it down with his NoMar, I may be able to borrow one.

My bike could use a fork service so I'm gonna try to make sure I have all the stuff to get that done.

We have two guest bedrooms as well as plenty of space for inflatable mattresses. If any hearty souls wanna pitch a tent, we're on three acres so there's plenty of space for tents.

We are in Marysville, Ohio, a bit NW of Columbus, roughly 25 minutes from the concrete corn cobs.

PM me for address / directions. I travel a bit for work, so don't get anxious if I don't respond right away.

Let's hope it doesn't snow.

I'm hoping and praying there's streaming video for this Tech Event! I stopped viewing Dancing with the Stars, after I watched BG shock himself!

Last edited by a moderator:
winksmiley02.gif

I've got this on the calendar, unless something comes up I'll plan an overnighter Friday come back Sat.

I might replace plugs and do a throttle body sink but mainly point, laugh and drink beer.

I hope you got places to get a beer around there!!

I've got this on the calendar, unless something comes up I'll plan an overnighter Friday come back Sat.
I might replace plugs and do a throttle body sink but mainly point, laugh and drink beer.
Cool - we hope ya make it!

I hope you got places to get a beer around there!!
While we don't have the places close by like we did at the old place, there are stores around here with a decent craft beer selection, and there is a gastropub that's currently under construction in town - maybe 10 minutes away, but I don't know when it's supposed to open.

There is a distinct possibility I may make this one. My brother also. We are heading out that way. We want to visit Evansville, IN where the last surviving WWll LST is. My father served on LST-284 and was at Omaha beach on D-Day.We will be camping probably, so may take you up on tent space.

Oct 10th, you say. I believe I can make this date and it's closer than bust's place! Will there be tools, parts and knowledge to do a valve check/adjustment?

Good On ya for taking this on Andy..

As we discussed earlier with an upcoming back surgery scheduled for the last of September/early October I'm going to be most likely outa commission for either hosting or the ride down.

Keeping my fingers crossed my friend, maybe things will change.

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

Will I still be welcome if I don't need anything done to my 07?

Will you have water,hose, and bucket and maybe a towel?

Good On ya for taking this on Andy..
As we discussed earlier with an upcoming back surgery scheduled for the last of September/early October I'm going to be most likely outa commission for either hosting or the ride down.

Keeping my fingers crossed my friend, maybe things will change.

Thanks again
Hoping things change for you Bust

Andy, Will I still be welcome if I don't need anything done to my 07?

Will you have water,hose, and bucket and maybe a towel?
Ray, most of the "Attendees" will wash down After the sheep have been hauled away.

In.

Will pack spare parts, fastener box, and service manual. Have torque wrenches if needed, axle nut socket, steering head socket.

Let me if there are any specific spares we need; I have a coolant pipe in the box, other crap as well...

Wayne

Bad timing, wish I could make it. Let me know if there's any tools you need. I have a pretty good collection of "special" stuff.

Oct 10th, you say. I believe I can make this date and it's closer than bust's place! Will there be tools, parts and knowledge to do a valve check/adjustment?
Now let's see, did we get test rides on any Gen III's yet? Not that I recall, so........... NO.

Seriously, though, can be done. How many miles on that thing? Sure you need it so soon?

Now let's see, did we get test rides on any Gen III's yet? Not that I recall, so........... NO.

Seriously, though, can be done. How many miles on that thing? Sure you need it so soon?
I believe, I offered test rides! As for miles, hell yes. She's got over 28k miles now and continually climbing...

That may be a stretch for me. I would like a valve check and maybe a throttle body sync. Depends on how much electrical work is required for others (for convincing the wife to let me go).