Riding Against Dr's Orders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBlue

Arrhythmia and Blues
Reaction score
So, I recently underwent my 3rd open heart surgery and chest splitting....i know i'm not the only one on here and of course you all know its more risky for us in case of accident....ye ole rib cage doesn't heal so good...ever....you DO have titanium bailing wire holding it all together but no guarantees in case of eating a trunk or bumper....

Wingshot and Ns2ox came over and saved my ass ( Thank you Brian and Carl ) so i could sell Ziggy by fixing my blinkers and getting all the plastic back on...i had taken it off arrogantly thinking i would have no sweat getting it all back together...until 2 months and several trips into the nether land of anesthesia which will mess with your memory and time sequencing of life.....all of you who've gone under the knife know what i'm talking about....you are reborn into consciousness and some cerebral changes are apparent....some less so...but things are a little different....but i rode him yesterday...just a couple miles..3.5 to be exact and low and behold....nothing happened.....no wrecks or close calls...i even got to admire Mt Rainer from the saddle again....to be sure he's still on craigslist for sale....but if i ride him a little i'm amazed nothing happens....same thrill, smoothness and all...will i miss it ? you bet ! but until then i may have to take him up the road a little.....off times, no rush hours, mellow weather only but...the skies didn't open and Gawd didn't strike me down for disobeying Drs. orders...cuz realistically nothing is going to happen....yeah if i go riding 45 miles to Seattle in the rain at night i might run into problems....but i'm not going to do that....

The moral to the story? Take your time selling Ziggy, we have a couple miles yet together...only a couple but it sure beats none at all...heck i sometimes just fire him up in the garage while sitting on him....take your time sales Gawds...i can wait...and i'll be back...once the LVAD is gone with my meatless heart and i get that transplant i'll be back..on an FJR, probably not..just too big and heavy anymore...but a little FZ6 or bad ass Vespa...yeah ...i'll be back...

Blessed....Still !

BobbyBlue

When my knee was replaced two years ago, I worried about re damaging it to the extent the docs couldn't fix it in the event of an accident while riding. After a month or two of great rides with no mishaps, I don't even think about it any more... Guess I was worried more about what life would be like without riding. Enjoy every minute you have left.

I'm following doctor's orders, he told me to enjoy myself ..... so I recently added bike #5 to the stable.

A disabled pensioner now with not much to look forward to, but it is nice to get out of the house a few times a week or tinker with a bike.

I'll keep riding 2 wheels until it's time to buy a Spyder.

BB, what a well written testament for the love of your bike. It's difficult to explain to those who don't ride, but it really becomes a part of you.

If you do go to the FZ, you'll immediately love the lightness. Not the power of the FJR, but very fun to ride none the less!

All the best,

Rob

Good for you Bobby. Taking a quick spin once in awhile is the best therapy out there!

Hang tough my friend and remember the PNW gang is here for ya.

--G

I think your bike is special. It deserves a really special buyer. One that is willing to pay your absolutely NON-negociable selling price of $149,999.00.

All of us would be happy to help you find that special buyer. But until then, it would be a shame to let it just sit there and collect dust. I'm told that ethanol stuff in the gas tends to do things to the bike if it sits.

Ride on, brother...