Stiffy Kit Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine the stiffy kit getting in the way of anything. In fact, when you remove the passenger seat, you really have to look to see it. It's very unobtrusive. As Jasen said, post up some pics so we can see what you're referring to.

I went outside and took a picture, but all of the photo posting sites appear to be blocked from where I work.
rolleyes.gif

I don't have the MC Cruise, but the Stiffy kit on my 08 is installed per the instructions from Gary. The side rails are on the outside of the oem subframe rails and the top part of the Stiffy kit sits right on top of the rear "platform" portion of the subframe.

If it were me, the integrity of the subframe is worth more than the MC Cruise, so I'd find an alternative to the mounting of that controller. You can have both, you just might need to relocate the brain.

Can't you just lay the McCruise unit down? A slime air compressor stands up back there with a stiffy kit.