buying used parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

Reaction score
A local yammy dealer has a used FJR on the lot for sale. I'm not in the market for a new one but this bike has a nice Corbin seat and the smuggler on it. I was considering going down and asking if they would consider selling it to me with also trading my factory seat as well. Am i insane? how much should I shoot for as an initial offer if asked? I will need to repaint it eventually as its silver and my bike is blue but that's not a big issue for me. Thoughts ? opinions?

No more than half the cost of the new parts less the value of the used stock seats. The dealer probably would prefer the bike stock anyway. That is what my dealer told me regarding trading my gen 1 in.

Good luck with that. I tried that same scenario once with a local dealer. They had a FJR come in with a Laam seat and I offered my stock seat plus cash and they wouldn't even consider it. YMMV.

I actually looked at buying a stock gen 1 seat to trade my bike in with, and then selling my Laam seat in the hopes of padding my trade in value. But the cost of shipping for those large bulky items is so dog gonned expensive, I figured in the end it wouldn't be worth my time.