Canyon Cage Install Help (Gen 2)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Well it seemed like a simple task to fit into my busy day off…

Rear bag guards installed easy enough and eliminated some of the hardware I had to choose from. Then came the Canyon Cage…

I need instructions ! Youtube, MC's web site, on-line PDF- I cannot locate what I need. Does anyone have the instructions page that they

would share (Photos welcome) … I know, I know… I am an Idiot- and a frustrated one at that.

I have wasted too much time already…
fool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
101stpathfinder,

My Cages went on to my 2008 with a minimum of hassle, but they did get balky at one bolt. The trick then (as always) is to remove all the "easy" bolts, and get the balky bolt going first. Install each bolt after that in the reverse order of their "balkiness," putting in the easiest bolt at the very last. Leave every bolt loose by several turns at least, then begin tightening them in the order that you installed them, just a few turns at a time. Stop when each bolt gets just barely snug. Then apply your calibrated arm, or the torque wrench, for final tightening, still using the "installed" sequence. HTH.

Infrared

17073d1421976014-canyon-cage-torque-specs-image_1421976006111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts