Ride To Eat (RTE) to Clearfield PA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Full House

Reaction score
I'm planning on going to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub (www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com on Saturday Sept. 12 for lunch. Would be honored to meet some forum members there. Check out their 10 page menu including their burger challenges! Their food is very good and portions are generous.

Nearby attractions include Bilger's Rocks, Parker Dam S.P., Bob's Army Navy and Grices. Hopefully some members who couldn't make the Sunday RTE will be able to ride that Saturday.

Post up that I may advise them of a tentative count. .

Thanks Full House! I would go, but have a golf outing that day. Good luck getting some members to show up. They all DO have to eat. Looks like a good plan. I just got back from the RTE @ the Tippy Canoe in Tidioute today. Had 20 or more folks there. Good food, good time.

For some reason the link is not working for me...but wow, back up northeast? Where were you today?

I'll check into this one, but the month is filling ahead of EOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason the link is not working for me...but wow, back up northeast? Where were you today?
I'll check into this one, but the month is filling ahead of EOM, and I suspect you're missing that too since the Meet-Up Bombers are going the week before.
Tom, wold have gone today, however my daughter home from Cali this weekend, was not missing spending time with her l

Smoked baby back ribs for dinner, her only request!

I'll check into this one, but the month is filling ahead of EOM, and I suspect you're missing that too since the Meet-Up Bombers are going the week before.
Tom, wold have gone today, however my daughter home from Cali this weekend, was not missing spending time with her l
I'll call that a good choice. See you soon, I hope.

That place is superb! I put it on a lunch run during the Penn-Run back a couple of years when we did the extended loop.

HUGE-ASS burgers, some however you can't order off the menu (I guess you have to call ahead a couple of days so they can get the entire cow ground-up in time). I had the pub challenge burger, 2lbs w huge roll plus fix'ns. I did finish it however..but not all the roll! One of those fat-belly memories
smile.png

It was $20, but if you ate the whole thing in an hr (fix'ns and roll incl) you got a tee shirt and your burger was 1/2 price ($10). I failed, but I didn't really go into it with the correct mindset (along w appetite at the time). I will however if I go at it again.

I gotta keep this on the "possible" agenda. Saturdays are tough however for me.

Wife and I were just there for lunch with some friends about a month ago. Would love to attend but am already signed up for a 10 hour rally that day.

That place is superb! I put it on a lunch run during the Penn-Run back a couple of years when we did the extended loop.
HUGE-ASS burgers, some however you can't order off the menu (I guess you have to call ahead a couple of days so they can get the entire cow ground-up in time). I had the pub challenge burger, 2lbs w huge roll plus fix'ns. I did finish it however..but not all the roll! One of those fat-belly memories
smile.png

It was $20, but if you ate the whole thing in an hr (fix'ns and roll incl) you got a tee shirt and your burger was 1/2 price ($10). I failed, but I didn't really go into it with the correct mindset (along w appetite at the time). I will however if I go at it again.

I gotta keep this on the "possible" agenda. Saturdays are tough however for me.
KJ,

Thanks for the recommendation and the burger challenge report! I would like to have made last week's RTE, however my family comes first (daughter home for a week).I know saturday's are tough for some but figured we could get some riders that can't or couldn't do Sundays.

Hoping you can make this one too. Being self-employed you know that the boss is a __________________!

Thanks again

John

fill in the blank

My challenge was the whimpiest of them all btw, sorry, I'm a big eater but only when properly prepared!. There were some 3 and 4 lb burger challenges, and, even larger with pre-notice. Crazy!... and I just love da' crazy
smile.png

I really wanna make this place again. We'll see what Deb has on her Vagenda too.

I'll play along...

"Being self-employed you know that the boss is a: Ashley Madison VIP Frequent Visitor?"

;) :)

So we are still planning this with a Saturday lunch, correct? And what is "lunch time" for normal people? 12 noon? Thanks.

Noon works. Plan on 11:30 arrival to request tables so there'snot much waiting.
Thanks SLK50 for the reply.

So far we have Steve_g, FJRfarrier ,SLK50, Greg E, JustRoy and myself (Full House). Uncommitted but interested are TominCA and Top_Speed!.

Getting hungry just thinking of lunch there!

John

Hi FullHouse,

Will put on my calendar and hope that my digestive problems calm down. Will communicate more as the 12th approaches.

Slardy

I've had to back out from the burger run. I've got to let my sore back heal in time for EOM. Sorry that I'll miss y'all.

-Greg-