Finally got my 2015 FJR1300ES in Liquid Graphite

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rszk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Finally my FJR1300ES arrived at the dealer.

154575E7-1941-4AC3-B21A-77C629E00B23_zpsg4sgg1jf.jpg

0D5B5A09-FB57-41DB-B2EA-7E5A2905A248_zpsnaqtxkaj.jpg

31D9FAF1-62C4-4493-B6BD-74FC585CE966_zpsm5j5syf8.jpg

They got it all setup and I took delivery in my home this past Friday.

IMG_2215_zpswve4dgzm.jpg

Got some farkles installed. Did a full kit of 3M vinyl paint protectant and the Givi engine guard. Received the Givi SR357 bracket but the plate was missing, so I couldn't install the new Givi Maxia 4 56 Liter top box.

E3E37B2F-1F53-4C70-AB59-BDF15709C1A5_zps9jx60buw.jpg

0A2A1D12-8AA2-4BCC-9561-64A537AD5925_zpsbdo8hkhd.jpg

IMG_2230_zpsdhwhawz1.jpg

Put on about 600km so far on it. I'm only 5'7", but the bike is very easy to finesse. Just have to be a bit more careful than the FJ-09 it is replacing due to the weight in the garage or when placing my feet(balls) down on stops. Less top heavy than the Super Tenere I owned prior to the FJ-09.

I did the quick break in(motoman) like I do on all my vehicles. Changed out the oil at 150km and will do it again at 1000km.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but of all the 12 bikes I've owned over almost 30 years , this motor is smooth, torquey and has a great muted bark. I'm calling it my tugboat, both in terms of sound and the power it produces.

IMG_2239_zpsmidyqdnp.jpg

IMG_2240_zpsybidmrrf.jpg

IMG_2241_zps8yf2mjre.jpg

Out with the wife today:

IMG_2250_zpsfxuepybi.jpg

I've got a few more farkles on order. After putting on some km, I ordered a wider side stand foot and a Vstream Sport/tour sized windscreen. Heading out camping with it in a couple of days and I have 12 days off, so it's gonna be great getting to know my tugboat!

Cheers.

Rod

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new bike. I really like the color of the 15's. The faster and further you go, the more you'll appreciate what a beast it is.

I just cannot understand why you are so excited over purchasing such an ugly motorcycle.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for posting the pics. This is the first time I have seen the Givi Engine Guards. They look very nice.

Can you get oil filter off without removing that engine guard?
Yes, hard to tell with the photos, but there is ample clearance for a socket type filter wrench. The guards, don't interfere with the bodywork either.

They were however an exercise in patience to get them on as the allen bolt to the front aspect of the bike had minimal clearance between the engine guard and the bike itself.

Thanks everyone for the kudos!

I am more amazed with this bike the more I'm on it. I had a 2010 camhead BMW R1200RT and the engine on the FJR is smoother, and more refined with boatloads more power. I also like how I can run in 1st gear with no throttle applied and just idle around and the bike is perfectly happy doing this and it is easy to maneuver. I also don't miss having a 6th gear. The ratios seem perfect.

Hoooooweeee, that's a good-looking bike! (Just wait until you get her broken in: she's naughty above 4,000 rpm.)

Congratulations!

"I'm calling it my tugboat, both in terms of sound and the power it produces."

I don't know what kind of tug boats you have in Canada but that's the last name I would give it. Maybe its the Tugboat gray color they used on the 2015s? Surprised you find it less top heavy than the Tenere but good luck with the new ride.

Congrats. It is a beauty. I like the GIVI protectors too. Make sure you loctite the screws on the side bag locks. Mine were dry and loose.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Abercrombie FJR" data-cid="1254337" data-time="1440484160"><p>

"I'm calling it my tugboat, both in terms of sound and the power it produces."<br />

<br />

I don't know what kind of tug boats you have in Canada but that's the last name I would give it. Maybe its the Tugboat gray color they used on the 2015s? Surprised you find it less top heavy than the Tenere but good luck with the new ride.</p></blockquote>

My Super Tenere was quite kitted, and being short made a difference too. Here she was near Alaska