Supertrapp exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbent13

Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing some universal Supertrapp exhaust on my 2013 FJR. Looking at a 17" stainless steel version at a cost of around 550 to 600 dollars. Does anybody think this is a bad idea? Thanks.

Not sure why it is a good idea? I did not see a model-specific fit for the FJR on their site. Is sound or appearance particularly good? (I haven't seen or heard these in person)

Doubt that you will see any more power if that's what you are looking for.

Well damn! That's where Kerker went!

I installed a Kerker 3-into-1 header and exhaust on my Yamaha 750 Special back in 1981 because the rain in Pearl Harbor had rusted a hole in the pipes just upstream of the mufflers -- water ran down to the lowest point on the bike, and that's where it collected to drip. That header was matte black and silent as a whisper, and I LOVED it.

But I will echo previous posters: they show nothing made specifically for the FJR, so it's anybody's guess as to whether you'd find something to fit properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed a Kerker 3-into-1 header and exhaust on my Yamaha 750 Special back in 1981
Nice... I've been around bikes long enough to remember both the bike and the Kerkers. Supertrapp used to be the cat's meow of slips-ons and I had a pair on my old '85 FJ1100; that was the std set-up for many owners I recall. My '86 FJ1200 had Yoshimura slip-ons and they were just as nice but lacked the "tuneability" of the Trapps (is that a word?). Anyway, I think I may have visited the Supertrapp Mfg location out in West Sacramento many years ago as part of some school project.. I don't recall. Don't seem to hear much about them these days tho'.

Mr. BR

I could see where the 'tunability' feature of Supertrapp may have some benefit in certain applications but don't think the FJR is one of those. I'm with the others, get FJR specific ones from other vendors.

Ha...... I'll add to the list of Kerker pipes on the '78 RD400 - that bike was totally pimped out.

Kerker Pipes, DG heads, Bored n Ported 30 over pistons, Read Valves from the RZ350, oversized carbs and more... was very SCARY

Used pipes come up pretty regular for the FJR - any year will fit

Have you checked Ebay..... Take a PEEK

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.XYamaha+FJR1300+ex.TRS0&_nkw=yamaha+fjr+1300+exhaust&_sacat=0

I don't know when Supertrapp decided to get all showy with their tuning discs, but I much prefer the look of the Supertrapp on my Bandit 400 where the tuning discs are all internal.

I put a Supertrapp on my KLR and soon regretted it..........the thing literally fell apart...........I was warned but didn't listen........buy something else..............