RIP Ron Ayers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
Heard Ron Ayres just passed away. The official notice from his company...

fe91bf11-47cf-4d64-a9ce-30406bbf2edf_zps9b1kokv4.jpg

August 28, 2015

Dear xxxx,

It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the passing of Ron Ayres, founder of Ayres Adventures. He passed away peacefully at his beach house in Galveston, Texas on August 26, 2015. Ron had been diagnosed with cancer early last year. He leaves behind his wife Barbara, mother Marian, sister Carolyn, and three sons Brad, Chris and David.

Ron was a very special man who touched the lives of many people. He will be remembered for his kindness and generosity to all, easy humble manner, remarkable positive attitude, unsurpassed personal integrity, and most commonly uttered phrase, "Life is great!"

For me personally, Ron was like a second father. I have had the privilege of knowing and working with him at Ayres Adventures for eleven years. Over the years, I enjoyed every social and professional moment we had together. Never a word of complaint or negativity - only endless optimism! He was the best life mentor I could have asked for.

It is my intention to carry on Ron's legacy and ensure that Ayres Adventures continues to be the world's leading premium motorcycle touring company, along with contributions from the handpicked team of whom Ron was extremely proud.

Our sincerest condolences to Ron's family and many friends. Plans for a memorial service will be announced at a later date.

Sincerely,

f582bee0-61e9-486d-ba8e-b93ee57999e9.jpg

John Jesson
President and CEO
Ayres Adventures

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard Ron Ayres just passed away from cancer.

From another source, thought it good to post here too:

It is with great sadness that I post this email.

Ironbutt Association legend and my good friend Ron Ayres has lost his

battle with cancer. I first wrote about his condition in an article in the

2014 winter issue of the Ironbutt Magazine. He battled gallantly and never

let his fight affect his great sense of humor. Ron told me the last time I

visited him not to feel sorry for him as he couldn't think of anybody he

knew that had had a better life than him. He may have been right and I'm

sure I'll feel the same way one day but right now I'll certainly miss him

anyway.

I will post any further news about viewings or funeral arrangements as

soon as his family decides the details.

Tom Loftus

I knew Ron from before he published his first book. He was a personable man with a quick smile for everyone. He was an ambassador within the endurance riding community who many current participants attribute for their introduction into the sport.

May you no longer need to ride against it but have the wind to your back instead.

I did not have the honor of meeting him in this lifetime although I know the name and his legacy... condolences to his family and friends and the wish that you, we, all continue to carry on his legacy of a life well lived.

I did not have the honor of meeting him in this lifetime although I know the name and his legacy... condolences to his family and friends and the wish that you, we, all continue to carry on his legacy of a life well lived.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.