Wiring Dash Shelf on 2014 FJR1300ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericedelman

Reaction score
I bought the N Line Generation 3 dash shelf and would like to get it installed.

I am planning to hard wire two Zumo cradles, and the wiring harness for the cradles is pretty substantial.

Are there any photos or diagrams that show where other users have run the wiring? I'm reluctant to put it through the windshield mechanism, but don't mind drilling a hold through the grey plastic and using a grommet or some wire loom.

I currently have the two Zumo's on RAM mounts on the bars and the harnesses go to a Fuze Block under the seat.

My dealer connected a switched power pigtail to something in the right side fairing, where the glove box would be if mirrored across the bike. From there, I'm planning to pull wires between the shelf and the top of the dashboard. The wires -- if thin for the iPhone -- can fit through the ventilation slots at the edge of the shelf. If thick, can fit through the opening provided to tighten the dashboard strut's upper bolt, or through a (shudder!) hole drilled in the shelf as a wiring penetration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the shelf on a GEN III. On it I have mounted a GPS, radar detector, voltmeter and SPOT tracker. The Spot is battery powered so no wires there. The GPS and radar detector wires are run up through the slots where the windshield arms move. I was able to wire-tie the wires so they do not contact the mechanism when it moves. The voltmeter wire is routed through a hole I drilled in the center dash panel (the black plastic piece that surrounds the instruments). The hole is in the lower interior righthand corner near the battery and has a gromet in it. It makes removing the center panel a pain in the a$$. I will probably move it to the windshield arm slot as well..... some day.