Mississippi Gold- Headwaters of the Mississippi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have decided to attempt the "Mississippi Gold" ride on the way back to Iowa.

Will leave sometime after work Friday night (Sept. 4th) and take my time riding to Venice, LA

I want to leave out on the Cert. ride Sunday Mid-Morning the 6th. The ride begins in Venice, LA

(End of river) and ends at Lake Itasca, MN (Beginning of river) The ride is just over 1500 miles and

must be completed in 24 hours.

SPOT Here: SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

While up north I want to ride to Copper Harbor Copper Harbor and Tunnel of Trees Tunnel of Trees Road | Michigan Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com in MI as well as attend the CFO.

Tony, all the best with this latest ride, but will you have the '05 brakes good by then? I'll follow your spot, enjoy your latest adventure!

Rob

Tony, all the best with this latest ride, but will you have the '05 brakes good by then? I'll follow your spot, enjoy your latest adventure! Rob
The rear rotor is warped, so I will ride "As Is" and try to gear down and use front only. That method worked for me for the last 9k of the IBR

and I hope it continues to work for another 5k on this ride. Parts will be on order, but the rotor I will try and find used.

I hope it works out to meet up with you Tony lil' north of St Louis Sunday Monday mid morning. Although you may be long past by then.

If not, I'll text you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still in West Palm Beach at this time- gonna back off the starting time for reasons UNMENTIONED.
weirdsmiley.gif
procrastination……….

Still in West Palm Beach at this time- gonna back off the starting time for reasons UNMENTIONED.
weirdsmiley.gif
procrastination……….
Procrastination... I think you are in good company.

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done the day after tomorrow just as well.” – Mark Twain

Well then Tony, it looks like you've made really good time! On the homestretch!

He made it, with plenty of time to spare. Congrats Tony! 🍻