Genlll Wiondscreen Bracket Covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
If you happen to have a CalSci windscreen be careful when doing a RR as the threaded fastener tabs on the two covers can easily be broken. It appears the slotted top hole in the screen is not an adequate length to allow the threaded fastener tab to set on the base. If you tighten the screw all the way it snaps the plastic tab. I learned this the hard way. It can be remedied by filing the slotted hole long enough to allow the plastic tab to meet the base. I repaired the broken plastic tabs with Plast-Aid.

Pretty sure its the same with my GenII, and my Vstream. I broke one of those connectors 4 years ago. truth is that is a week point and you need to use little torque, if any.

Haha...I did this with my Yammie touring screen. Repaired it with epoxy but I ordered a new set to have on hand.....
In the event the repair does not hold, I ordered a new set of covers from PartShark. As info, of all the suppliers, PartShark had the best price. Those little plastic shitters are not cheap, $95 delivered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the OEM Touring windshield at the time I bought my bike last year. Go to install the new wind shield only to discover that some assembler had moose'd the right windshield cover piece down too tight, and the attachment tang that holds its screw had broken in half. When I first removed the cover the tang fell off!

And this was on just the stock windshield. But the dealer agreed to replace the part gratis, so I just chocked it up to "shit happens". But given the above reports maybe it's "shit happens for a reason"...