No Indy MotoGP in 2016.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveoreno

Reaction score
IMS and Dorna have decided to not have another event at the Speedway in 2016. Future races are not ruled out. Bummer!
upset.gif

The provisional calendar for next years MotoGP World Championship has been released.

MotoGPs provisional 2016 calendar is as follows:

Round Date Grand Prix Venue

1 20/03 Qatar Losail International Circuit

2 03/04 Argentina Termas de Río Hondo

3 10/04 Americas Circuit Of The Americas

4 24/04 Spain Jerez de la Frontera *

5 08/05 France Le Mans

6 22/05 Italy Mugello

7 05/06 Catalunya Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

8 26/06 Netherlands TT Assen

9 10/07 Germany Sachsenring

10 17/07 Great Britain Silverstone

11 14/08 Austria Red Bull Ring

12 21/08 Czech Republic Brno *

13 11/09 San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini Misano

14 25/09 Aragon MotorLand Aragon

15 09/10 Malaysia Sepang International Circuit

16 16/10 Japan Twin Ring Motegi

17 23/10 Australia Phillip Island

18 06/11 Valencia Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo

* Subject to contract

Apr.10th being the only one here. I wonder what happened, as they 'say' they want a bigger presence in the U.S..

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one non-competitive, albeit popular, American rider in the series. Less of a draw for US fans?

I was at the first IMS race. I combined the trip with picking up my FJR in KY. Great weekend, all-around.

I would love to see a race in Austin, but family and schedule don't give me much hope.

Hopefully, MotoAmerica can repair the damage done by DMG.

I am glad I had the opportunity to enjoy the experience with my family, numerous times.....I certainly hope they reconsider in the coming years. Austin will be a hard race to get to for me.

Damnit...now I may never see a MotoGP race.
Come to Texas. We have MotoGP AND BBQ.
biggrin.png
The sad part is the BBQ is a lot better then the race in Austin is. I been to Austin every year and to be honest It kinda sucks. They could do so much better with this event, Bike parking is a nightmare, vendor area is merger at best, and unless your a Honda guy the racing isn't very competitive. And it's still freaking cold in early April, the ride down isn't much fun. I was going to go to Indy this year instead, but we see how thats working out for me. Looks like Lockhart again, ummm, BBQ capital of the world in my opinion.

I read that the reason they're not coming is that the venue has to pay the cost of bringing the circus, and if you can piggy back a couple of venues onto one trip across the pond, then it's not so bad ... but if one venue has to suck it all up, it's a gate killer.

In any event, personally I'm done with MotoGP.

It's no longer a real race. Different rules for nearly every manufacturer out there. And the folly of the Spanish Mafia. Espeleta's turned it into something worse than NASCAR.

Naturally, your mileage may vary ...