Saying goodby

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAF

Reaction score
Wanted to say thank you to all who have helped me over the years here on this forum.

I had not planned to fall in love again but the 15 BMW R1200 RT WetHead did it to me!

I loved and still do love the FJR, My 10 was as solid of a bike as I have ever owned. I sure did enjoy the 30,000 miles and 5 years of owning it. It is a wonderful bike and keeps getting better. My 10 was missing things I wanted and while I could hve added them I just lived without.

So my girl just bought a new 15 Vulcan S with the 650 Ninja motor in it and I went down to pick up parts for her. Well right inside the door was my new love. I took her home within hours of seeing her and have not stopped loving it since.

Of course the money just rolls out buying stuff that is needed and while it hurts a lot I will live with it.

Miss the FJR as it was a old friend when I threw my leg over it. I knew it well and it seemed to like me. I hope my RT becomes as comfortable to me as the FJR.

Again I thank all of you and this Forum as it helped me so many times and ways.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
My RT was worlds more comfortable than the FJR. Still miss the better handling and ergonomics. Do not miss the reliability and maintenance issues, nor the the lack of service availability. I know you'll enjoy it. Don't be a stranger.

I had not planned to fall in love again but the 15 BMW R1200 RT WetHead did it to me!
So my girl just bought a new 15 Vulcan S with the 650 Ninja motor in it and I went down to pick up parts for her.
Of course the money just rolls out buying stuff that is needed and while it hurts a lot I will live with it.

I hope my RT becomes as comfortable to me as the FJR.

Lee
No need to leave if you don't want to.

The above kernel may be telling. While picking up parts, get a spare final drive.

the song is playing in my head... "should I stay or should I go?... if I stay there maybe trouble...."

Lee... Stay here bro!. Just cuz you opted for a different toy? ...doesn't mean you won't enjoy the other rumblings around here! These/us guys have the exact same passion and ride desire you have. Your still in the ST category.

And who knows... you may add an FJR back into your stable some day! I still ride mine once in-awhile (with smiles!), hey, diversity is the spice of life!

....it's about the ride much more than it is about the machinery....and it's about the people more than either.

What he said.

I have opportunities to ride my wife's BMW from time to time. Sure handles better than my FJR but the economics of a BMW are too much. Especially if you have a his & hers like we did.

My RT was worlds more comfortable than the FJR. Still miss the better handling and ergonomics. Do not miss the reliability and maintenance issues, nor the the lack of service availability. I know you'll enjoy it. Don't be a stranger.

yeah, some of my best friends ride bmws. oh wait, i do too. never mind.
whistle.gif
So u have 1 friend then?? I'd feel sorry for beemerdons, but he's as big a sissy as you>

You guys can marry now ya know.

yeah, some of my best friends ride bmws. oh wait, i do too. never mind.
whistle.gif
So u have 1 friend then?? I'd feel sorry for beemerdons, but he's as big a sissy as you>

You guys can marry now ya know.
We already are you Dipshit, DC and I would have invited you to the wedding but then you started that totally "Whiny Gash" I-May-Be-Toast drivel! JSNS, Faggot!

LAF I sent you two videos, one is demonstrating the Secret BMW Handshake and the other is a compendium of Wehrmacht BMW Afrika Korps Marching Songs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was only gash whining because being truthful and hurting stoopid Phucks feelings is frowned upon now. I can't get another time out or the sandbox will be off limits permanently