FJR Exhaust Fitment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalgearchris

Reaction score
I have been looking at aftermarket slip-on exhausts again. Had the Two Brothers M2 but it was too loud for my taste so I reinstalled the stockers. I remember seeing the Vance and Hines CS One and love the way they look. I've heard that they aren't too loud either, so it may be just what I'm looking for. While looking to purchase the CS One, the part I find says it is good for 2006 - 2010 FJR's. I have a 2014 and would like to know if there is any difference in exhaust fitment across the year models? Thanks for any help!

afaik, there's no difference in fitment across all gens.

Incidentally, Staintunes are fairly quiet, at 92 dB @ 4000 RPM with baffles in, and 96 with them out. Darn things are pricey, though

Last edited by a moderator:
If you liked the Two Bros set, you should have just added one of the two optional silencer cones. I have this exact setup and really like the looks and sound. As for your question, @bluesdog is correct, all gens fit the same.

Is there a reason to spend hundreds of $'s to buy aftermarket pipes, other than having them louder, give a different look, and maybe a couple more hp? My Two Bros seemed too loud the first few hundred miles, but now they're music to my ears.

Is there a reason to spend hundreds of $'s to buy aftermarket pipes, other than having them louder, give a different look, and maybe a couple more hp? My Two Bros seemed too loud the first few hundred miles, but now they're music to my ears.
Don't forget they weigh about half add much as the stock pipes!

No. They're all bling and bullshit. The only valid reason to install them is because it's your money and you want them. Don't worry. Lots of us have justified the purchase to ourselves, but nothing is lost or gained by adding them. A couple lbs, but on this bike, who would notice?

I had stain tunes and didn't mind them for short rides but have moved to doing IBA rides and putting on more miles and the stocks are the best for that in my opinion. I recently sold my stain tunes to purchase other farkles.....

Thanks for the input everyone, and for the answer about the fitment. @HotRodZilla, I know it's all bling and bullshit, but damn that bling looks (and sounds) good. I'll look around a bit more before I make a decision. Thanks again!

Chris, don't listen to the naysayers. One of the great things about this bike, and motorcycles in general, is the ability to make it your own, something that reflects your personality. Or, It can reflect just how much money you have to spend recklessly. :)

I ended up putting aftermarket exhausts on my bike, but not my first inclination. I damaged my left exhaust in the garage. Looked at eBay for a replacement, but they were messed up too. Checked the parts houses for new ($400 each), and lastly looked at aftermarket. For a little over $500, I could have 2 aftermarket pipes. I like the throaty sound of aftermarket pipes, but I also like the sound of stock.

Either way, I always like to look at others bike to see what they've added...or subtracted to/from them.

All the best with your search?

I like my Coffmans. A Lot cheaper than others, light weight and adjustable sounds due to multi component design.

not my bike cause I fail at linking pics but similar. used pic from their site lol

f1c4cbca-9ce2-47f7-f1e3-cc4a69350794.jpg

coffmansexaust.com

I would le to get Beowulf mufflers but the cost and shipping is killing the deal. Any North American distributors?